• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fair price for factory power steering?

richg

What is a fair price for a working factory power steering setup? Everything included in picture below. Only issue is I had to cut the bracket in order to remove it (stud was seized in bracket). Would either need a new bracket or just grind the cut spot flat on the bracket and add a spacer.

thanks

rich

Attachments

• EB08CA34-F5FB-4DB4-B197-8BA89BBD0EB9.jpg
    EB08CA34-F5FB-4DB4-B197-8BA89BBD0EB9.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 110
  • 2ABAF418-7D29-46FD-8F8E-DC18C9B74314.jpg
    2ABAF418-7D29-46FD-8F8E-DC18C9B74314.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 63
OP
OP
R

richg

Came off of my '73, but unsure if it is original to the truck or not.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Looks to be original.

73? likely a6 turn box, so less desirable than the 4 turn if that's true?

All in depending on where you are selling it and how bad the buyer wants something like that. range would be 500-750 IMO

Eoth

Bronco Guru
Go to the Classified section and then go to the sub-forum of "For Sale-66-77 Bronco Parts". Then do a "Search this Forum"... Type in "power steering"... You will get plenty of results.. That will give you a feel for the fair market price.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
15 - 20 years ago used factory power steering sold for $500. I personally have sold a couple dozen setups over the years for $500. You'd think as time went on the price would go up due to scarcity. This has not been my experience at all. With all the options out there now, factory stuff isn't as popular as it once was.

I used to have no problem selling two or three setups a year when I had them. The current one I have has been sitting on craigslist and this website for three years with minimal to no interest.

I'd still say $500 is the target price for a used setup, but you're going to have to wait to find someone specifically looking for used OEM and not interested in a 4x4x2 or any of the new boxes that are available.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
i WOULDN'T WANT Most of it. Sorry . But it's a 6 TURN so in my opinion it has to be sent to rebuilder & swapped the guts to make it either a 4 turn or Better make it a 3.33 +r-. box.
...The Pump is a Thompson .... Sorry again But I wouldn't put it on. But most would .
But I only want the G/M Saginaw pumps. I bought a bracket from Wild Horses back in the day.
.............. SO I'LL SAY about 250.oo for the core box. & It'll still cost someone about 500.oo after rebuild & New Pump from NAPA . SHAFT .. jOINT & HOSES. or maybe 650.00. more.
.... But I say the Thompson will get hot & Puke the P/S fluid out . & The old Saginaw will work & Is much stronger .
.......Sorry not trying to be a TURD .. But I don't like that set up.

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Depending on the condition I am looking for one. You can send a PM if you want to ship. Thanks

DC_Gearhead

15 - 20 years ago used factory power steering sold for $500. I personally have sold a couple dozen setups over the years for $500. You'd think as time went on the price would go up due to scarcity. This has not been my experience at all. With all the options out there now, factory stuff isn't as popular as it once was.

I used to have no problem selling two or three setups a year when I had them. The current one I have has been sitting on craigslist and this website for three years with minimal to no interest.

I'd still say $500 is the target price for a used setup, but you're going to have to wait to find someone specifically looking for used OEM and not interested in a 4x4x2 or any of the new boxes that are available.

I got one from Justin a few years ago. $500 is the going rate. I'm happy with mine after putting in new seals. Thanks Justin!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk