• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD Dana 44 Setup Bearings

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter1

Contributor
Loc.
Maryville, Tn
City: Maryville
Anyone have a set of bearings I could borrow or buy for a Dana 44 gear setup? If I could borrow and pay shipping both ways would be great. But also willing to buy if reasonable, just don't plan to need them afterwards.

Thanks
Bret G

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have some new leftover bearings will look today and see what I have

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
If your old bearings are still in one piece and removable, you can machine out or dremel tool out enough material so that they slide off and on. If you don't find a set.

OP
OP
hunter1

hunter1

Contributor
Loc.
Maryville, Tn
Thanks for the replies. I do have some old bearings, just don’t have acces to a lathe to oversized the bore. Have tried a sanding drum, just not very efficient. Will continue working on them.
Thanks

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Thanks for the replies. I do have some old bearings, just don’t have acces to a lathe to oversized the bore. Have tried a sanding drum, just not very efficient. Will continue working on them.
Thanks
Just be sure to take into account that the new bearings may not be the same exact thickness as the setup bearings. You probably already knew that but I almost made that goof once lol.

OP
OP
hunter1

hunter1

Contributor
Loc.
Maryville, Tn
I have some new leftover bearings will look today and see what I have
Fordguy
Can you check and see if you still have an old set? At least for the carrier. I damaged one of the cages removing it and will need a spare to oversize.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.