• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BroncoBuilder App...v2.0 with AR!

tvall

Damn. Every time I get the email on my subscription to this I'm hoping that it's an update letting us know it's available! Keep it up... can't wait to get the app!

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
I'd like to see this released in the current version, with all the intricate options added later through App updates (IE chrome, vendor products, garage details, options, etc). I think if you try to include vendor products they'll evolve them faster than you can add them and we'll never get to see this work. (Unless your master plan is to use the app as an advertising platform for their products?)
I'm 2 years into my build and early on I hoped I could use the app to figure out some of the build decisions, but it hasn't worked out. From the timelines it looks like a Bronco can be built faster than a Bronco builder app can be built. Not being critical, we all know life gets busy and projects expand in scope and scale.
Nonetheless, this looks like a great tool if it ever gets released.
Some of my favorite aviation apps started simple and developed along the way with user feedback.

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Bronco Guru
I hear ya Wyfler...

The toughest part is deciding where to draw the line. With typical game apps it's always best to get as many features in when launching the app. The number of app installs is always greater than the number of app upgrades. I have to remember though, this isn't a typical game app, and more than likely most users will upgrade with each new release.

Okay so I still have a lot parts that I want to include, but I have drawn the line and at this point have been just trying to finish off all loose ends. Keep in mind I have to wear all of the hats on this project: artist, software developer, 3D modeler, and quality assurance. :)

It really seems like this should be done in a week, but that's just not reality unfortunately.

Hang in there cuz I'm getting' it done!

CobraJetKid

Loc.
Saratoga Springs
As a guy who sits n plays around on a virtual dyno app just to kill time I gotta say this looks something like sliced bread to me haha. Awesome work! Will definitely be awaiting an android release

Jebus

Loc.
Longview, WA
This is neat. What, no bench seat?

No, please ship it, beta test, standard software development procedure. :|

Droid please... :)

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
It really seems like this should be done in a week, but that's just not reality unfortunately.

Hang in there cuz I'm getting' it done!

Oh I doubt just one week would do, U get it done right, Excellent job so far for damn sure.

Can't wait for final version

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
That is soo awesome!! Now what would be even more awesome is if you can drive them around ;D !! Can't wait for it to release!

forester2504

Loc.
Georgia
Jane

This app is ridiculously well done! You have done an amazing job. Your attention to detail is awesome. We all cannot wait for the release. My main wish is that you will be rewarded for all of your hard work and countless hours of investment. I can tell that you are passionate about your work, but please, please take advantage of your work and do not sell yourself short. This is a unique app and should not be compared to normal apps and gaming apps. Please set a price that will be appropriate for the magnitude of the value of this tool! I will pay a minimum of $10 for this "indisposable tool". I hate to bring up a horrific word, but your next project should be to create another version for jeeps to take advantage of that interest group as well. No one else offers this kind of tool. I want you and your family to be rewarded for your skills and forethought.

Sincerely from one bronco sibling to another. You ROCK! Android.

Forester2504

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Bronco Guru
Jane

This app is ridiculously well done! You have done an amazing job. Your attention to detail is awesome. We all cannot wait for the release. My main wish is that you will be rewarded for all of your hard work and countless hours of investment. I can tell that you are passionate about your work, but please, please take advantage of your work and do not sell yourself short. This is a unique app and should not be compared to normal apps and gaming apps. Please set a price that will be appropriate for the magnitude of the value of this tool! I will pay a minimum of $10 for this "indisposable tool". I hate to bring up a horrific word, but your next project should be to create another version for jeeps to take advantage of that interest group as well. No one else offers this kind of tool. I want you and your family to be rewarded for your skills and forethought.

Sincerely from one bronco sibling to another. You ROCK! Android.

Forester2504

Thanks Forester, that there is a SUPER supportive post and I really appreciate it. You're not the first to mention the jeep equivalent of this bronco app, and I do have it on my list. ;D I'm hoping to leverage Bronco Builder once it's done, as a basis for a jeep configurator app. The problem I see is that there will always be more bronco parts to add...which is a good thing!! :p

Anyway thanks again for the kind words Forester, you made my morning!

Lon L

Very nice looking app. I echo Foresters statement . I would gladly purchase it.

BroncoMabry

Awesome App. $10 bucks in a heartbeat. I play this game in my head constantly. If I could design & print the different versions I have floating in my brain for comparison would be incredible.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Amazing. Look forward to using it! Didn't have time to read all the suggestions so here's a list and sorry if it's duplicated:

Grill color
winch
Flare color
Light bars

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
X2 on what Forrester said. You've done a terrific job on this and should see the benefit. I'd happily give my $10 to have it on my phone!

If I were you I would also modify a version for the Jeeps before someone copy cats your app. There's tons of Jeeps out there and you have 90% of the work done, just need some Jeep specific upgrades. I'd get it 90% done and then post it up on Pirate for input, just be ready for the tools who troll Pirate, they can be a nasty bunch at times.

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Bronco Guru
Wahoo...

Bronco Builder v1.0 has officially been submitted to iTunes App Store!

According to appreviewtimes.com the average time through the review process is 5 days. My last app took 3 days.

Fingers-crossed I don't get rejected, but will keep y'all posted.