• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BC Broncos soft top for sale?

Millercorey

Do the BC Broncos soft tops every show up for sale on here? I'm assuming owners are just so happy with them that no one ever sells them?

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Hard to find used, people really like them. With their back orders and delays I have seen them sell for more than new when some wanted one bad enough.

bchesley

I have had mine now for 7 years and I wouldn't part with mine. I can't even imagine a reason to get rid of it. They just work really well.

OP
OP
Millercorey

Millercorey

That’s what I figured. Just didn’t want to deal with the long drawn out backorder delay fiasco

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
If you go with the BC top get a snap kit......I think I've replaced almost every snap on mine. Had for 8 years and pretty happy with it but the snaps do fail.%)

EricLar80

Bronco Guru
Does nobody else think the BC top looks kinda funny? I get it works well, but the style looks more land rover to me... I mean, I want to like it because my old kayline fasttrack top has seen better days.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Does nobody else think the BC top looks kinda funny? I get it works well, but the style looks more land rover to me... I mean, I want to like it because my old kayline fasttrack top has seen better days.

It's just that the bestop or stc are poor quality and dont lat if left out in the elements. I had a kayline/stc tear and blow off on the 15. Never liked the rattling hardware if the sides were up.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

definitely has it's own unique style..

bchesley

If you go with the BC top get a snap kit......I think I've replaced almost every snap on mine. Had for 8 years and pretty happy with it but the snaps do fail.%)

Put some vasoline in the button of the snap with a q-tip once a year. Not thick just thin layer. Trick I learned from owning snap on boat covers for 20+ years. Still have all my snaps after 7 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
Put some vasoline in the button of the snap with a q-tip once a year. Not thick just thin layer. Trick I learned from owning snap on boat covers for 20+ years. Still have all my snaps after 7 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah I've been doing that as well.........The upholsterer had a bad run according to BC which what I was told when I first got it %)%). seriously, three snaps were separated from the fabric out of the box. I guess I could have sent it back and dealt with shipping etc but snaps are cheap and easy to swap out. BC offered to send some snaps but never received.

As far as the look, yeah it's different but I've gotten used to it.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Good tip on the Vaseline, never would have occurred to me!

I like the look of the top, in fact I had another top that looked more like the landrover and thought it was better looking, but I am weird like that..

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
By the way, I would highly recommend the tool to install and remove the snaps for the top, way easier than doing it by hand especially in cooler weather as the tops start to shrink. BC calls theirs the snap snapper tool, but you can order one off of Amazon cheaper for a boat top, same tool.

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
By the way, I would highly recommend the tool to install and remove the snaps for the top, way easier than doing it by hand especially in cooler weather as the tops start to shrink. BC calls theirs the snap snapper tool, but you can order one off of Amazon cheaper for a boat top, same tool.

THIS^^^^

Best 8 bucks I've spent!!

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor

Just to let you know we now provide (about 3 years now) a snap installer remover to make it really easy to install and remove the sides and back you don’t really even have to touch the fabric. This way we can keep the fabric tight but easy to remove and install the sides.

Call me Monday and I’ll send you one.

https://bcbroncos.com/shop/tools-and-mounts/tools/91-30001-snap-snapper-tool/