• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BC Broncos Soft Top Color

Color Choices?

• Total voters

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
Looks like I'm going to get the BC Broncos Soft top for my Black / Parchment Bronco. I am going with the non-tinted window and would like to get opinions on the color of the soft top. Right now, I'm leaning towards Birch (apparently very close to Parchment), Sand, Hemp Beige, Taupe, and Black. Welcome your thoughts. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_1369.jpeg
    IMG_1369.jpeg
    356.4 KB · Views: 67
  • color-chart-soft-top-1k-1.jpeg
    color-chart-soft-top-1k-1.jpeg
    252.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_9473.jpeg
    IMG_9473.jpeg
    261.7 KB · Views: 12

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think they all look good with a black bronco, but I don’t think the birch is close enough to parchment to be correct in this instance.
It would look fantastic with the exterior, but I think it’s wrong for the interior. Either have to get them extremely close, or pretty far apart for them to look right in my eyes.
So, unlike most times, I vote black.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Not one of your choices, but I think I'd go with Charcoal. Agree with DirtDonk about not trying to match the Parchment. Charcoal will give you just a bit of contrast to the black body paint.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Will they send you samples so you can compare the actual fabric to your seats?

Lawndart

Loc.
Will they send you samples so you can compare the actual fabric to your seats?
Yes they will.
I agonized over this for a few years as none of the colors are a direct match to seemingly anything.

I eventually went with artic white. Glad I did as it is closest to the original top color and has aged fine.

I like the contrast of the different color top. In this case I vote for the "birch" option.

OP
OP
BGBronco

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
Black is the safe choice for sure. Birch wasn't on my list but the guy at BC said it matched Parchment. Almost matching doesn't count as I'm going to order samples. Never even thought about that so thank you!

@scoop @Soylent, I added Charcoal to the list!

Last edited:

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I went with black but will admit its the safe choice. If you get a sample of Birch and it is really close to the parchment then go that way.

OP
OP
BGBronco

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
It's official, I'm on the build list for a BC top. Looking like the end of the year which is fine. In the meantime, I ordered samples and will need to choose in the next 3-4 weeks. Apparently Black is the most popular color, not just on this post but what people end up ordering. Very nice company/people to work with. I'm excited!

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have 2 complete top covers from BC for my bronco.
Black with clear windows and Buckskin Tan with tinted windows.

Itsa67

Changed my vote to charcoal. I plan to paint my Bronco black and am going with a gray softop. Your Bronco looks great--hopefully mine will be nearly as nice when completed.

OP
OP
BGBronco

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
I received the samples. Birch is pretty close to my Toms Parchment Seats.

Attachments

• IMG_9473.jpeg
    IMG_9473.jpeg
    261.7 KB · Views: 27

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I received the samples. Birch is pretty close to my Toms Parchment Seats.

Birch looks good, I like it. FWIW, Wimbledon white (stock hardtop) is not exactly the same shade as the parchment seats either.