• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AX15 vs NV3550

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The body lift isn’t always absolutely “required” to get either to fit. But it sure makes life easier for both!

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I had a hot 347 stroker with a nv3550 behind it and did some insane drag racing with 35" tires and it didn't brake.

Great transmission with apparently a ton of strength.

Don't worry about its strength.

joshua

Contributor
I bought an ax15 off marketplace for 150 bucks, and ordered the rest of the kit off of Wild Horses. I’m thinking now I should have just ordered the kit with the new transmission.

Because I’m sitting here wondering what the hell did I really get for a 150 bucks 😂 And the entire kit seems like a pretty good deal.

On the subject of the Terminator trans, I would love to know someone’s experience on this as well. Because if my trans is junk this might be a great option. But my gut says there’s a reason we are not hearing about Early Bronco owners experience with them. A ton of smart guys on here, and you would think one of them would have tried this. Only because that trans has been out since at least 2018 So probably a reason for that?.?

But who knows maybe it just hasn’t been done.

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
AX15 is a good transmission. I run one in a V8 Toyota and it has been in there for 14 years. It's of similar strength to the RAT / RAN and Top loader transmissions. It's also still in production and has readily available replacement parts. The Aussies and Kiwis are modifying their brethren R150/151 transmissions with deeper low gears and bigger overdrives.

The biggest problem with the AX15 is they come from vehicles most associated with methamphetamines.

For example: https://www.2news.com/news/suspect-...cle_f5ca500a-b941-11ed-9336-cba230b94f9d.html