• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Let's see your NV3550/AX15 Shifters?

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'd like your lever to go with an aftermarket shifter.

BradinEDH

Contributor
I bought mine at Tom's and it looks like a boat oar as well. Fits well but is tall. I am interested in matching my twin sticks. If you want more photos let me know.

Dbteak

Thanks for the measurements, unfortunately I don't have a bronco with a NV3550/AX-15 in the shop to use as a reference. Can you tell me what the length of the shifter is, the approximate degree of bend, and how far the bend is from the bottom?

I will do that this weekend. I can be your guinea pig if you want. My shifter is the square base.

OP
OP
JB Fab

JB Fab

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I will do that this weekend. I can be your guinea pig if you want. My shifter is the square base.

Sounds good, if you have the a rough measurement I'll have somthing heading your way on Monday?

PM Sent

Jon

LoneRanger

Contributor
Loc.
Gunshine State
I'm ok with the long throw of my 3550, it's a truck- not a race car. What I'm not ok with the the popping out of gears and the grinding between 1-2 and 2-3. Lookin at dumping an ax15 in its place.

L.R.

tommyg

Contributor
The NV3550 is darned near perfect.
The one bugaboo is the factory shifter is really long. Sort of like rowing a boat.
Here's a photo of JB twin stix and a my B&M NV3550 shifter.
I cut a slot at the back of the B&M shifter shaft (below the boot level) with a disc grinder.
I sat in the driver seat and pulled (bent) the shifter back to a comfortable position.
Tig welded the shifter gap, and polished it up.

You guys nailed it. I just completed the nv3550 swap with the B&M shifter. Love the combo, but I need to get the shifter bent back another 2" to be perfect.

4lg8ic.jpg

OP
OP
JB Fab

JB Fab

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Jon, that main shifter looks great! Can you post some more pics when you get a chance. That would look perfect next to your twin sticks I have :) I think about it once and awhile how your twin sticks are probably the nicest looking thing in my cab! The rest looks old and beat up.
Thanks again for those :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks,

Yes I have gotten some input on the bends and dimensions, I was hoping to get a couple all stainless versions done this weekend, but there is a bit of a snag.
The inside corner radius of the stainless tubing is greater that that of mild steel. I am going to have to make a broach that can be pressed through the stainless square tube to cut the correct corners and remove the seam on the inside...

Jon

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Althouh not an 3550 or ax15. This is an m5od with matching duffs shifters

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 167
OP
OP
JB Fab

JB Fab

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Just checking on this. I recently bought the twin sticks but really want this shifter and combo boot setup.

The boots are done...
They are not on our website yet but I can ship....
The price is $65 + (shipping USPS 2-day $13).

Still in the works for the handles, there are some variations in stub size on the NV3550/AX-15 shifter stubs. we are trying to come up with a better solution than a couple of set-screws. where it will work fine with some shifter stubs, it might not create a stable interface on others. It is our goal to improve upon what is available.

Jon

Attachments

• IMG_5113.jpg
    IMG_5113.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 220

mnido

The boots are done...

Still in the works for the handles, there are some variations in stub size on the NV3550/AX-15 shifter stubs. we are trying to come up with a better solution than a couple of set-screws. where it will work fine with some shifter stubs, it might not create a stable interface on others. It is our goal to improve upon what is available.

Jon
What is he price for the boot and the bracket (boot frame) ? And how do I order ? Thanks!

redwards69

Loc.
Double Oak, TX
The boots are done...

Jon

Got a look at the boot last week, looks really good. Any update on the shifter?

OP
OP
JB Fab

JB Fab

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Nothing on the shifter yet, that got delayed by some larger projects. It is still on the short list……

OP
OP
JB Fab

JB Fab

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Not yet, but if you want to send your shifter assy to us, we will replace the mild steel handle with stainless (same as twinstick), duplicate the length, and any bends.
You get the boot, the shifter mod, and a 5-speed knob for $ 95 + shipping.

Right now our turnaround time is about a week.

redwards69

Loc.
Double Oak, TX
Not yet, but if you want to send your shifter assy to us, we will replace the mild steel handle with stainless (same as twinstick), duplicate the length, and any bends.
You get the boot, the shifter mod, and a 5-speed knob for $ 95 + shipping.

Right now our turnaround time is about a week.

I already have the twinsticks and the boot (that goes with the twinsticks and shifter combo). Just need a nifty shifter and knob.