• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The struggle is real "ITS NOT A JEEP"

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
To further stir the pot...

The Bronco is actually classified as an MPV Multipurpose Passenger Vehicle

Even though it was used in FoMoCo internal documents for the Bronco the term SUV only came into common use years later.

Attachments

• 20150528_143746.jpg
    20150528_143746.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 107

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
I have a license plate for my crawler that says JPRCVRY

And then there is this on my cage in front of the passenger seat... Found it at the Super Celebration...

BEDFFB77-536B-47F1-9BCC-412B3BD3CF2D_zpsvhx1bvwo.jpg

OP
OP
kat

kat

Loc.
Bristol
^^^^^LOL I like that...I need to start Googling around for something like that...

Stockbroker5

VW thing? Really? Never heard that before. I'd tell them it's a Ford thing, you wouldn't understand.

As far as being called a Jeep. It never stops. Even people that know me say, when did you get that Jeep? As much as I'd like to quote my brother and say"You can't fix stupid!", there are a lot of people who just don't know cars.

Especially ones produced before they were born. An assistant in my office today didn't know what a a Tesla was. She knew Niccoli Tesla but not the Elan Musk version. We got a good laugh.;D

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
I think it's time for a sequel to The Little Bronco Goes To The Parts Store. Like a little kids book with thick cardboard pages. Simple words. It would have a pic of an Early Bronco & other pics so we can point out the differences. Then when we run into confusion, we could point out the differences...

The Little Bronco's Name ;D
(None of these are mine)

Hi, I am a Fullsize Bronco. I was built between 1978 & 1996. I am not an Early Bronco.
F107717086.jpg

Hi, I am a Bronco 2. I was built between 1983 & 1990. I am not an Early Bronco.
blue88b2.jpg

Hi, I am a Bronco horse. I do not like this cowboy. I am not an Early Bronco.
images

Hi, I am a Denver Bronco. I do not like this Cowboy. I am not an Early Bronco.
images

Hi, I am a Nice Jeep.
Do you see how close together my headlights are?
Can you count the tall slots in my grill?
Do you see the shape of my hood & fenders?
I am not an Early Bronco.
jeep-cj-5-renegade-08.jpg

Hi, I am an Early Bronco. I was built by Ford between 1966 & 1977.
I am not a Fullsize Bronco.
I am not a Bronco 2.
I am not a horse.
I am not a Denver Bronco.
I am not a Nice Jeep.
I am not the same as those guys. Do not call me those names.
Call me a Classic Bronco, or an Early Bronco, or just a Bronco.
gate_bbnd13_01_cp.jpg

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
On my door tag it says under type MPV,multi purpose vehicle . Mazda made a MPV van. I don't know which would bother me more.

Casey4wd

Loc.
Austin, Texas
I just say "Thank you, but my wife drives the Jeep (with a Hemi).. I am working on the Bronco, it is way cooler than her Jeep." Granted, the only time people see mine is parked in my driveway waiting for me to find more time to work on it.

Arniep

Loc.
Polo,(Northwest) Mo
#1, The VW Thing was a pretty cool vehicle, but it wasn't available in 4wd, and #2, out here in the mud and brush, most people (over 40) do recognize it as a Bronco.

patl

Loc.
Maryville, Tn.
I've had people on the strip in Pigeon Forge 2 lanes over screaming "love your jeep". What can you do but smile and say thanks. Their heart is in the right place even if their knowledge is limited. If it's a face to face at a gas station I just point to the emblem and try to educate them. It's seems to be part of the burden of owning such a great classic- educating the illiterate masses. It's not the Jeep owners- most are wishing they were driving a Bronco.

Punisher

Contributor
I think for a lot of people it's like a household name like Kleenex or a Q-Tip.
You just have to take the compliment as it is. And maybe educate someone at the same time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 63

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
To further stir the pot...

The Bronco is actually classified as an MPV Multipurpose Passenger Vehicle

Even though it was used in FoMoCo internal documents for the Bronco the term SUV only came into common use years later.

The first use of Sport Utility Vehicle was in the ads for the half cab EB

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
The struggle is real "ITS NOT A JEEP"

Holy crap, that hurts!

Perfect example of why they may never take off again. Most don't know what a Bronco is.

That's because car companies are the stupidest companies on earth

In the early 80s everyone knew what a Chevy blazer was
So GM decided to make a small version and capitalize on the name calling it the S-10 Blazer. Then a few years later they changed the name of the Blazer to Tahoe. Then changed it to Yukon

In the 90s everyone on the planet knew what thunderbird was
So ford stops making it and then five years later produces a two seater toy called the thunderbird modeled after the 55-6-7 ones , apparently forgetting that they sold more 4 seater '58 models than 55-6 & 7 COMBINED ! Oh and they doubled the price, a 1996 thunderbird, the only affordable 2 door V-8 RWD that wasn't seen as a teenagers/redneck car

The thunderbird had been around FORTY YEARS! Everyone knew what a thunderbird was

The Most expensive one up could buy in 96 was $17K

The two seat retro bird was $41K
Really ?

Take away two seats so it's a weekend toy, then double the price , and act surprised when it doesn't sell,
News flash, a $40k two seater is a toy and people spending $40K want status, which means BMW or Benz. Not Ford

Course at the same time these morons almost succeeded in making the mustang a four cylinder FWD crapmobile
If they had done that there wouldn't be a mustang today

Same with the bronco. After 30 years everyone recognized the name
So they added 2 more doors and called it Expedition. Part of fords wanting all the vehicles to start with a "E"
Excape. Explorer. Expedition. Excursion. Etc

Then after everyone recognized the "Taurus". The geniuses changed it to "500". Then back to Taurus a few years later

Honda did the same thing
As soon as Everyone knew about the Acura legend and integra they changed the names to some alphabet soup that no one can remember

Seventee

Contributor
Loc.
In the sticks of MT
You think Jeep is bad, try owning a full size and be accused of being a Blazer for so many years. This happened a lot when the 78-79 first came out and continued for quite a while. After the OJ incident, everyone knew what a Bronco was.

Punisher

Contributor
You think Jeep is bad, try owning a full size and be accused of being a Blazer for so many years. This happened a lot when the 78-79 first came out and continued for quite a while. After the OJ incident, everyone knew what a Bronco was.

I had a 79. Had this happen a couple times.