• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wild Horses Sunroof Roll Bar Top

ILikeBond

I think it's pretty slick. I'd purchase if going with that style soft-top.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Why not a waterproof zipper instead of the velcro like they use on tents? Would also give it a more seamless look! More expensive but would have a cleaner look I think! My .02! ;D

EricLar80

Bronco Guru
It should roll up the other way so wind doesn't accidentally blow it open while driving. Should be easier on the velcro. It will also help prevent water from getting blown in...

Eric

OP
OP
J

Justin@WH4x4

Sponsor/Vendor
Why not a waterproof zipper instead of the velcro like they use on tents? Would also give it a more seamless look! More expensive but would have a cleaner look I think! My .02! ;D

We tried the zipper route with a single zipper but your limited on the shape of the sunroof at that point due to the radius of the corners and having the zipper function properly. You could solve that problem by sewing in 3 zippers, and now the cost of material and labor involved shoots the price up substantially. The best alternative was the HD Velcro. It keeps the cost of the top affordable while offering an alternative to the typical Rollbar Top. Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Justin@WH4x4

Sponsor/Vendor
It should roll up the other way so wind doesn't accidentally blow it open while driving. Should be easier on the velcro. It will also help prevent water from getting blown in...

Eric

Great idea Eric. This is a prototype, so we appreciate all the suggestions and input. Anyone want to second this idea?

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Great idea Eric. This is a prototype, so we appreciate all the suggestions and input. Anyone want to second this idea?

I made my own version of your breezer top for my family cage with a top sheet of rip-stop nylon fabric that covers the whole top in event of rain. When the top sheet is rolled up it resides close to the riser. This turned out to be a bad spot as there is high pressure air there and about 55 mph the rolled up piece starts singing and flapping about.

OP
OP
J

Justin@WH4x4

Sponsor/Vendor
I made my own version of your breezer top for my family cage with a top sheet of rip-stop nylon fabric that covers the whole top in event of rain. When the top sheet is rolled up it resides close to the riser. This turned out to be a bad spot as there is high pressure air there and about 55 mph the rolled up piece starts singing and flapping about.

Good to know, thanks for sharing. I've driven on the freeway at 70 with the sunroof closed and open without any issues, so it looks like we'll keep the design the way that it is. Thanks again

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
When I flipped my 67 bronco the only reason We were not thrown out was the Bikini top. We had put the top on just before leaving. We flipped it before our front gate

OP
OP
J

Justin@WH4x4

Sponsor/Vendor
We are making our first run of these in Black Vinyl, and will be ready next week. The price will be $135 for the top only, and $185 for the complete kit that includes the windshield riser. Feel free to PM Me, or call Wild Horses and ask for Justin 209-943-0991 if you would like to get one ordered. Thanks!