• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wild Horses Sunroof Roll Bar Top

Justin@WH4x4

Sponsor/Vendor
Hi Guys, we've been working on a New Roll Bar Top design with a Sunroof. I've been running the prototype on my rig and I really like it, but wanted to get some feedback from the one's that really matter;D The design is the exact same as our current roll bar tops with the added Sunroof which can be closed to protect from the sun like a standard bikini top, or rolled back for an open feel and better airflow. The cost will be $45 more than our Standard WH Roll Bar Tops. Here are a few pics, please let me know what you think. Thank you!

Attachments

• CAM00907.jpg
    CAM00907.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 296
  • CAM00911.jpg
    CAM00911.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 264
  • CAM00916.jpg
    CAM00916.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
How well does it seal up? Looks like a cool idea.
I should clarify my question if it does rain does water come in around the Velcro?

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Justin@WH4x4

Sponsor/Vendor
How well does it seal up? Looks like a cool idea.
I should clarify my question if it does rain does water come in around the Velcro?
The top works great in dry weather, but if it were to rain your going to experience some drippage from the sunroof. I'm not sure how much due to the fact that I haven't used it in the rain, but it is inevitable. Thanks!

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Can't quite tell from the picture does it use the roll bar for support or is it like the old Viking shade that used soft top hardware for support??

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
I figured it would be just but was curious anyway. I know a bikini tops not going to keep me completely dry but living in Portland Oregon you never know when its going to rain so its nice to have it not pour straight on my face while driving.

bobtail

Loc.
high in the desert
I don't get it. a sunroof in a bikini top. would be cheaper to take the top off. maybe for the guy that has everything. I wouldn't buy one. just being honest. not sure you can waterproof the Velcro.

demesauce

Loc.
Shaver Lake, CA
I don't think I'd pay an additional $50 for one, maybe $20. I think it's a cleaver idea. Does the velcrow come undone at high speeds?

OP
OP
J

Justin@WH4x4

Sponsor/Vendor
I don't get it. a sunroof in a bikini top. would be cheaper to take the top off. maybe for the guy that has everything. I wouldn't buy one. just being honest. not sure you can waterproof the Velcro.

Thanks for the comment, and I understand your point. Driving with the bikini top off leaves you open to the sun beating down on you(not pleasant in my opinion), where this top when open, lets light in, but due to the shade style material used for the sunroof it's much cooler and less intense. It's not for everyone, but I really like having the option.

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
I don't think I'd pay an additional $50 for one, maybe $20. I think it's a cleaver idea. Does the velcrow come undone at high speeds?

That would be my concern it may not right now while its fairly new but let some age and use get on there and I'm not sure if it would sorry just my 2 cents.

OP
OP
J

Justin@WH4x4

Sponsor/Vendor

Thanks, we're still figuring out the additional cost with labor and material, $50 bucks is an estimate, but it will probably be a little less. I have taken it on the freeway for the past few months with no issues. The velcro is wide enough and goes around the entire perimeter of the top to secure it well. I ran a similar top on my FJ40 for quite a few years, and never had any issues either, so I think it should be fine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Justin@WH4x4

Sponsor/Vendor
I figured it would be just but was curious anyway. I know a bikini tops not going to keep me completely dry but living in Portland Oregon you never know when its going to rain so its nice to have it not pour straight on my face while driving.

No doubt, water in the face is never good-But if you "Buy Now" we'll throw in a free pair of Swim Goggles!;D

OP
OP
J

Justin@WH4x4

Sponsor/Vendor
Can't quite tell from the picture does it use the roll bar for support or is it like the old Viking shade that used soft top hardware for support??

We'll have a style for the Rampage/Kayline, or Bestop riser that will utilize whichever windshield riser design that you have. It will use the front riser as the anchor point and pull tight towards the back of the vehicle contouring your roll bar in the rear and fasten with nylon straps like a standard roll bar top.

marshall godron

That works for me. I need to get down to Stockton and pic one up. When will they be available ? I'm in Cali so rain is a non issue Thanks for all the good products

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
I like it, taking down the whole top is a pain for short trips and baking in the full sun is no fun. Looks to be a nice addition if in the $30-50 range.

OP
OP
J

Justin@WH4x4

Sponsor/Vendor
Thanks for the feedback fellas. These are made in house at Wild Horses (like all of Roll Bar Tops) so making a run of them can be a pretty quick process. If you want to get one ordered feel free to PM me, I'll confirm the price and lead time, and we'll get er done. I'll need to know if you need a windshield riser as well, and if so which one you prefer(Bestop or Rampage)

-Justin

welndmn

Bronco Guru
I like it, I think it's a good idea.
I wheel all day sometimes and in the morning I love the sun, but by the afternoon I'm done with the sun and hide in the shade.

OP
OP
J

Justin@WH4x4

Sponsor/Vendor
I like it, I think it's a good idea.
I wheel all day sometimes and in the morning I love the sun, but by the afternoon I'm done with the sun and hide in the shade.

Maybe we can put together a "Custom" Goat-Skin one for ya;D
Thanks Mark!

bobtail

Loc.
high in the desert
I didn't realize that there was some shade material under the flap. I thought when the flap was open you would be under the sun. your idea sounds like something that would sell. good luck

OP
OP
J

Justin@WH4x4

Sponsor/Vendor
I didn't realize that there was some shade material under the flap. I thought when the flap was open you would be under the sun. your idea sounds like something that would sell. good luck

Yes sir, the actual sunroof is breathable material (the same used on our Breezer Tops) which works great for better airflow to help keep you cool, and protect from the sun. Thanks for the feedback!