• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where is the VIN on the frame?

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Looking for the VIN on the frame to make sure it matches the glove box door. I've wire brushed what I can get to, but can't find it. Where EXACTLY is it?

chandaman_05

Loc.
Provo, Utah
Pass side in front of the 2nd body mount i believe? On some broncos (mine), the sands of time and rust have reduced your frame VIN to a mere illegible scribble.

Sorry for my poetic babbling but I think there's a thread on here that has pics of the frame VIN just do a quick search and it should pop up.

Desert Dweller

Loc.
Central WA
Aaaaarrrgghhhhh-- I thought I had a picture, I'll get one tommorrow. Now, both are on the pass side frame rail. If IRC, one is approx 12" in front of the cowl body mount (starter area and prob the one you found) and the other is 18" behind the mount (about centered under the door and impossible to see unless body is off). Pictures and measurements to be posted.....:cool:

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
In a state without inspection, does it really matter if the glove box door matches?

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
In a state without inspection, does it really matter if the glove box door matches?

From my experience, the glove box is the important one and the one that get's checked. Once in a while you will get a savvy cop that knows to check the frame rail, but most that do know, know you have to sand it to see anything anyways. Usually it's not going to be a problem unless there has been a recent theft in which your bronco matches the description. If your glove box does not match your title, I would fix that, it can lead to a lot of headache on the off chance that a cop checks it.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
Ya im not sure you can see them with the body on. I didnt see mine till i had the frame blasted. This on appears to be above the radious arm bracket toward the inside. Mine match the title and glove box even! Lucky me. I painted right over both of the vin numbers because i know nobody will ever look for them.

Attachments

• IMG_1413.jpg
    IMG_1413.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 128

Desert Dweller

Loc.
Central WA
OK-- here is the locations of the VIn on my extra frame.....:cool:

001.jpg