• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

WH proportioning valve question

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
I have a WH disk/disk proportioning valve and recently tore my rear brake flex hose, leaving only the front disks working. Light was not wired up (yet).

Question is: do I have to re-center the switch like with the stock block/switch or is it self-centering?

THX,
-John

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well, they are all supposed to be self centering.
Even the original.
However, as we know, that was anything but common with the originals.
I would personally try it first, because this is a newer unit. But I can’t say for sure.
Fix the hose, bleed the rear like normal, then press the pedal hard and hold for a few seconds. Then see if the light works normally.

How long has it been installed?
Since you didn’t have the light connected before, you don’t really even know if it was centered to begin with. So really no way to compare other than just doing it and seeing how it works out.

OP
OP
Johnnyb

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
True! It's got about 200 total miles, three months since first charged. I tore the rear brake line on first outing.

I am going to fix/bleed today and will follow-up. self-centering would be nice! I always hated that factory block on the frame, not to mention that it did not effectively isolate the front and rear. Happy to say that the WH valve performed flawlessly as single-system and did not force me to stop the run!

-JB