• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Throwback Weekend, April 12-14 Townsend TN

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
My neighbor down the road from me (he has an EB he restored) and I are coming up for the throwback weekend. My wife booked us a room at Townsend River breeze Inn. Even though my rig won’t be ready this year, I’m so looking forward to seeing rigs and putting names with faces.

Randy
Cool, we are booked at the same Inn. Look forward to meeting you and many others. This is my first time and like you, my Bronco is not ready to attend.

See you all!

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
Cool, we are booked at the same Inn. Look forward to meeting you and many others. This is my first time and like you, my Bronco is not ready to attend.

See you all!
I mean, I could trailer it up, but I might be accused of being Fred Sanford. Lol

Randy

Mikes Early Bronco

Contributor
Oily Driveway Guy
I would love to see a row or two of mid builds, rolling chassis or what ever everyone else is building at the time. My current 77 has been a slow process and I’ve been to way to many Super Cels as a spectator. I feel like a private builders display would bring something great to the show for the old school folks. The conversation was brought up about this for May it Forward, which I had planned last year until work decided otherwise. At this point I don’t have a way to trailer it but I’d sure try. It’s a Mecca of personal feedback from all of you. How could anyone pass on that?

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
It was so stressful trailering up and back the last two years we are seriously considering just driving one of our new ones up this year! I know....sad! No matter what we'll be there for part of Throwback and all of the rest of it. Looking forward to seeing all y'all!

I like Bax's idea of just planning a Windrock trip! We don't have that kind of terrain in FL.

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Several years back, "clarence" brought his rolling frame to the show, it was a big hit!!! A lot of folks had never seen a roller before!!! Just saying!!!:cool::cool::cool:
Now that you mention it. I think a lot of folks would like to see a restore in progress. I would consider bringing it, if I didn't have addition travel destinations planned on this trip.

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So when is everyone with EB's going - the first or second weekend? I definitley can't go both weekends, and don't care to be overwhelmed with new Broncos either.

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
Going to the Throwback event the first weekend. Dont have mine anywhere near ready to drive so will be there as a spectator.

Randy

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've done a little more digging, and hear that there will not be any vendors the first Throwback weekend. I always enjoy looking at the parts and talking to the vendors.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I've done a little more digging, and hear that there will not be any vendors the first Throwback weekend. I always enjoy looking at the parts and talking to the vendors.
I'm curious to see what the vendors sales are like this year if a large part of the EB crowd goes the first weekend. I would think most vendors cater to the EB crowd vs the Gen6 crowd.

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
I'm curious to see what the vendors sales are like this year if a large part of the EB crowd goes the first weekend. I would think most vendors cater to the EB crowd vs the Gen6 crowd.
I’m not so sure about that. If you look at the sheer volume of…whatever the vehicles are called and how much they cost, they obviously have more $$$ to spend than I do. I don’t really have anything against the new design but at the same time don’t have any reason to like or own one.

Randy

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I’m not so sure about that. If you look at the sheer volume of…whatever the vehicles are called and how much they cost, they obviously have more $$$ to spend than I do. I don’t really have anything against the new design but at the same time don’t have any reason to like or own one.

Randy

Haha I've seen many 6G owners say they bought one because they can't afford an EB. We have a 22' 2D and anything we've bought for it, which isn't much was all purchased with free shipping to my door. I've spent way more on early broncos and parts than I'll ever spend on 6G's and that includes the price of the 6G itself.

KBUCK1

We are gonna try to attend this year. Haven't been in several years. Took the half cab top off and has a full cage now. But no top. Not sure the weather will be warm enough for me .

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
We are gonna try to attend this year. Haven't been in several years. Took the half cab top off and has a full cage now. But no top. Not sure the weather will be warm enough for me .
And the fact that weather changes here in the south so much that you kinda hate to trust it. We have experienced all 4 seasons in a week. Lol

Randy

msmith

I don't know what to think. I haven't made it for the last couple of years. Two years ago my mom was ill so I didn't go, and last year I waited too long and couldn't get a room.

This year I jumped early and got a room. Now I see the events are split. My preference is the EBs but I want to go when most of the vendors are there which will probably be the main event. I think if you don't go to both events you're gonna miss out. Not a lot of people have the ability to be gone for almost two weeks or the budget to afford a motel for that long.

I don't get the 6gs participation. I have one so I get it that they're nice and cool and really fun to drive but they're new and readily available so not really special like the 66-96. I'd like to see the 6g as a secondary to those that already have an old one. Kind of an old vs new display. Otherwise have a separate event for the 6g, instead of the other way around, would be nice. Just my thoughts.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
I don't know what to think. I haven't made it for the last couple of years. Two years ago my mom was ill so I didn't go, and last year I waited too long and couldn't get a room.

This year I jumped early and got a room. Now I see the events are split. My preference is the EBs but I want to go when most of the vendors are there which will probably be the main event. I think if you don't go to both events you're gonna miss out. Not a lot of people have the ability to be gone for almost two weeks or the budget to afford a motel for that long.

I don't get the 6gs participation. I have one so I get it that they're nice and cool and really fun to drive but they're new and readily available so not really special like the 66-96. I'd like to see the 6g as a secondary to those that already have an old one. Kind of an old vs new display. Otherwise have a separate event for the 6g, instead of the other way around, would be nice. Just my thoughts.

That is what I have been saying, divide the show field or do a separate G6 event. 10+ days is too long for most.

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Growing pains, it's tough. Reminds me of the same thing that happened in the Mustang community. At first it was easy, Mustangs were 1965-1973. Many didn't care for the Mustang II and just sort of ignored it. But then along came the FOX body Mustangs and they got crazy popular. Mustang clubs finally said "OK, even the new ones!"

I don't know what the answer is for our Bronco community I just see a parallel to what our Bluegrass Mustang Club and the Mustang Club of America went through. I'm in same boat as many of you, I went ahead and reserved my room while I was at Super Celebration last year so this added weekend I'll probably have to miss. Oh well, like I said it's just part of the Bronco world growing pains and I'm sure we'll all get it figured out soon. On the positive side, if Bronco's weren't so popular none of this would be an issue!;)