• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Thought I had a 69 but I think itÂ’s a 68??

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Build Date is June of 1968.

N is a for a 289 Engine.

Broncohio.com can help you with some of the info on your Glove box Data Plate.

Getting a Marti Report can tell you all the options your Bronco came with originally from the factory.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What made you think it was a 69? Is that how it's registered?
If there's a discrepancy then you should verify that the VIN on the frame matches the VIN on your warranty plate in the glove box.

There are some good discussions here about that show you exactly where to look on the frame. Maybe someone has a quick link to it.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
If there's a discrepancy then you should verify that the VIN on the frame matches the VIN on your warranty plate in the glove box.

There are some good discussions here about that show you exactly where to look on the frame. Maybe someone has a quick link to it.

cause he wanted to :p:p

OP
OP
A

Abbys1969

Because it was listed and sold to me as a 69Â…
The frame is too rotted out to read the vin. No biggie to me. funny because there are no factory holes fore a passenger seat, there's a divider between the cab and the bed , and a decal on the dash that indicates it was a snow plow.. the only clear number is the tag in the glove box.

OP
OP
A

Abbys1969

Build Date is June of 1968.

N is a for a 289 Engine.

Broncohio.com can help you with some of the info on your Glove box Data Plate.

Getting a Marti Report can tell you all the options your Bronco came with originally from the factory.

Thanks, I'll look at that marti report.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
There weren't any 69' that came with a N vin or a 289, they were G 302 all thru the 69' model year unless it came with a 6cyl.

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
None of the frame vin spots are readable? Blue tape and clean spot are locations.

Attachments

• bronco vin 5.jpg
    bronco vin 5.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 37
  • bronco vin 6.jpg
    bronco vin 6.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 35
  • bronco vin 1.jpg
    bronco vin 1.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 37
  • bronco vin 2.jpg
    bronco vin 2.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 40
  • bronco vin 7.jpeg
    bronco vin 7.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 39
  • bronco vin 8.jpeg
    bronco vin 8.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 34

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
...funny because there are no factory holes fore a passenger seat, there's a divider between the cab and the bed, and a decal on the dash that indicates it was a snow plow.

And that would likely explain the rusted out frame! Interesting combination. But not all that uncommon back in the early days, since these were sold as actual "utility vehicles" and lots of individuals and companies bought them to run fence lines, dig post holes, clear roads of snow and logging roads of debris and whatnot. Since things like the passenger seat in the front, locking hub mechanisms, back seats, floor coverings, headliners (and even the roof itself!) were all options that needed their box checked to get them delivered on the Bronco, some just saved the money and got them with just the bare necessities.
That said though, I bet there were not all that many bare utility/delivery models sold compared to those with both seats. The lack of a right hand seat and the bulkhead separating the bed, plus the indication that it had a snow-plow all sounds pretty cool to me.

Paul

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Because it was listed and sold to me as a 69Â…
The frame is too rotted out to read the vin. No biggie to me. funny because there are no factory holes fore a passenger seat, there's a divider between the cab and the bed , and a decal on the dash that indicates it was a snow plow.. the only clear number is the tag in the glove box.

Does the body code on the warranty plate say 698?