• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

State of the Repro Bronco Bodies in 2023?

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i wonder how many hours a skilled fabricator would take in assembling a complete bronco body from scratch with available repo panels?
The huge investment is in the extensive fixturing/jigs required..and all the time spent designing that and getting it "right". I recall how long Dynacorn spent on that aspect of it..it was a really long time and that translates to "lotsa money invested".

Heck, using the body assembly fixture I built for a TR3 restoration; I probably had about 100 man-hours in the design and fab of that one plus materials, and its a lot simpler jig than what would be required to assemble an EB body from aftermarket metal.

omureebe

Being an East Coast person (Connecticut), I got to see both Nick's (NorthEast Classic Ford Parts) and Lou's (LAL Customs) shops and a few bodies. Just a snapshot of course, a couple hours at each, and not like I'm inspecting them as some world class body person myself. I am not. But HOLY CRAP I would love to have one of their Bronco bodies or frankly have them do the work I'm a rookie at. They both are diehards and it shows. I'm sure other places in other parts of the country are good, but I was floored.