• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Insurance claim with State Farm on your Bronco?

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Has anybody filed a claim with State Farm on a Bronco? If you don't want to share online please PM me.

No- I have not nor do I ever hope I need to. Just looking for any positive experience.

State Farm only replies-thanks.

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I hope I never have to. I rebuilt mine and had it all painted up and had to provided documentation to SF for the underwriters to approve the assumed $6K value in 1992. Given the stupid prices these things pull now I'm not sure how SF would value the rig. This was concerning last fall when the wildfires were marching towards my house and there was a potential of a total loss to the Bronco.

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
.94OR. Update your SF policy. I just did this 2 weeks ago.

Take pics of all 4 sides of your EB. Get an engine and a couple interior pics.

Walk in and hand the pics and a typed list that will document some of your work (engine, trans, suspension, etc) to your local SF agent. Tell them the amount you want your EB insured for and he will give it to Underwriting. The pics and a upgrade list of completed work and if yours still looks decent should allow you to get SF to an Agreed Value policy of somewhere (without seeing or knowing anything about your rig except it was rebuilt 30yrs back) should easily allow you to have 20-60K coverage for 3-600/year IF you have the rest of your cars and homeowners insurance with them.

bfoldy

Contributor
Loc.
Torrance, CA
Yep, as stated, you should ask your SF agent about getting an "Agreed Value" policy with them.

I'd also recommend getting a quote on Hagerty for comparison purposes. It's super easy and instantaneous to do this on the Hagerty website.

suckerpunched

mine is insured through S/F, never had a claim but my agent had me get a professional appraisal to document value and that value is written in the policy.

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Haggerty was willing to insure me just last spring. After checking with them every year or two for 12-15 yrs they have "Broadened their market" as the rep (not local agent) said.

They would not touch my Bronco because I need to drive it on a gravel road, ocean beach, my 1/4 mile snow covered driveway, etc.

After sending detailed pics and actually IN PRINT on the copy of the paperwork that I never signed it actually quoted me about wanting to drive it on gravel, dirt, beach etc.

Thanks for all the input guys. I have made my decision and hopefully never need to make a claim.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Try to stay away from the high dollar ins peeps anymore like state farm, farmers..

U should do the same

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
State Farm has been there for me when it really mattered. They're top notch.
State Farm sells a policy to cover vintage vehicles. I use it and it's a good deal.
However, If you just bought the regular policy, without the vintage vehicle option, you're out of luck.

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
sprdv1

Are you self insured?

So do you own a House?

A Car?

A Bronco?

Do you have liability if someone sues you for $800K or more?

I don't like the big money insurance people either... but paying someone or some corp 100K to half mil or more out of pocket isn't what I worked for all these years. I'll pay my $2k/year.

People make a living sueing others. I want no part of it.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Screw State farm!

They screwed me on at least two occassions.

I have multiple family members who have worked at higher levels for SF and they said they wouldn't have insurance with them if they didn't work there. Some have had a couple of act of god claims and said that they likely wouldn't still have insurance with them now but they worked there, otherwise SF would have dropped them for act of god claims. Some have stayed and some left to go to other insurance companies, but the ones that left couldn't stand the culture and how the customers were treated as a whole.

Frankly, SF is more than happy to take your money but if you have a large claim of multiple small claims, you are out and it doesn't matter how long you have been there.
Very corrupt business but I know more than most due to family members that work there.