• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

retractable steps

bax

Old Member
I have been interested in putting retractable steps on the bronco. Amp Research keeps coming up in my searches. I have a kit number that I think is correct but I have found no one that just comes out and says : use this kit for broncos. The kit I have come up with is part number 75 104 01A. Anyone know if this is the correct kit?
I need a little help with this.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
AMP doesn't make a Bronco specific kit. Venders (Randy at Driven for example) take an AMP kit and modify it to work on a Bronco.

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Roger,
Tyler (Teal68) put them on his Orange Bronco and they turned out great. Maybe he will see this and chime in with the part numbers he used.

OP
OP
bax

bax

Old Member
AMP doesn't make a Bronco specific kit. Venders (Randy at Driven for example) take an AMP kit and modify it to work on a Bronco.

You are correct. Amp does not make a kit for a bronco. I have called Amp and they have no idea what will fit. I am expecting to modify the kit to fit. I am just looking to find out what kit is used? Perhaps I could call Randy and see if he will share his information.
Thanks

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
Roger, I think I may have the original paperwork from it in a folder. I'll look later today and let you know.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
We just put these (on our Jeep) and I am really impressed with them. I think you'll be happy. They can be cut to fit (we had to due to our tire size) and the caps go back on to keep it looking perfect.

As long as you dont plan on sliding on rocks (as these are aluminum), these are awesome.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Hey Roger, get the brackets from Delco Nick. I tried running them straight to the inner kick where they work but a portly fellow like myself they are starting to give more than I like so we have been using his brackets ever since. They are easy to install. I buy the kit for a 2001 F250 Super Duty. That particular kit deploys when it sees a ground present. If you go to the other years it looks for a ground to retract.

KANE

Loc.
Pembroke, MA.
Hey Bax,
I bought my steps from BC Broncos and bought the Bracket from Nick w/North East Bronco Parts. I believe Nick has the whole kit available...I just didn't know until I bought the brackets. I'll be installing mine soon!

Good Luck!
Mike

OP
OP
bax

bax

Old Member
Thanks Guys, Just figured out these will not work for me at all. I have rock sliders in place of the rockers. So I have no room for the hinge and the motor. Plus the step hangs down 2'' past the rockers. So I need to find a way to get a step that will tuck up into the body and store beside the rock slider not under it. Thanks for all the input.
Bax

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Somebody here built a single foot step on a bar that rotated into position then rotated back up out of the way.
It was simple and tough but may not go as low as you want. I think the idea there was for it to be bulletproof instead of user friendly.

OP
OP
bax

bax

Old Member
Somebody here built a single foot step on a bar that rotated into position then rotated back up out of the way.
It was simple and tough but may not go as low as you want. I think the idea there was for it to be bulletproof instead of user friendly.

May be the way I am going. Don't want to drop a stirrup down every time to get in. I need to come up with something.
Again, thanks for the input everyone.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I bought some Rampage retractable steps but it would take a lot of work to get them mounted to the frame. I have a side tank too so its basically impossible. Sent them back to Amazon

UcT6B6U.jpg

1xrYwcU.jpg

I might try and find a way to mount these AMP manual steps

http://www.amp-research.com/products/truckaccessories/bedstep/

75303-01A_v8_20100528.jpg

Attac

Contributor
Bax
DM rydog. He has built a prototype for a wheel chair lift that tucks up and out of the way. He has the geometry all figured out.
Chuck

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
Sorry for the delay, and I know you don't need it now but I thought I'd post anyhow for future reference....My paperwork only says Ford Super Duty and Dodge Ram with no part numbers. That said, trust what Bronco Loco linked above. I got mine from him and they work great.

Oh, and I look forward to see what you come up with!