• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Articulating/Retractable Rocker Steps

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Im on the hunt for rocker steps that will allow me to keep the auxiliary gas tank and don't need to be welded to the frame. Does that knock the AMP Research steps out or can those be mounted on both ends of the gas tank?

I came across these Rampage Retractable steps last night and its a pretty slick design but Im sure the quality is lacking. They make a 2 door(Rampage 88632) and 4 door(Rampage 88732) version but I cant find dimensions

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...Fg4L6ljgmHfKUtdlJIzZIV8XqHoVBV53HH35TAoTw_wcB

[youtube]wRDw_k0ceDs[/youtube]

rpe-88632_xl.jpg

Has anyone modified these to attach to the Bronco frame? Heres an install video

[youtube]cDNS1tjJyXM[/youtube]

Due to the clearance issues with the aux tank I dont think the tubular rocker steps from the vendors or the American Bronco Assault Rocker Skis will work. Also not interested in nerf bars.

Any other products out there I should be considering?

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
yep led lights and they have automatic function for when the door opens or manual function for no door or even a disable function so when offloading you can turn them off to prevent unwanted accidental deployment and when i screen capped it i didn't get the name.....just looked it up they are Rock-Slide Engineering step sliders. found them on the Fortec site. they are available in 2 and 4 door lengths. the two door version is $1800!!!! thats prolly gonna be the one we would need. the 4 door version would have to be cut down and I think it would cut into the step since the move from front to back to deploy. the lights and some extra features cost extra

Last edited:
OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Ya I just found out the Rampage 88732 for the 4 door is 5' long. I imagine 88632 for the 2 door is about 3' long

I emailed Rock-Slide to see if they have any options for us.

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
the rock slide has an LJ option too the longer jeep before the 4 door. either way they are gonna have to be modified they are made to mount flat under the floor pan. we would have to bend them at he rocker panel to bend up behind them or cut them off and weld the cut off piece at a 90* bend to mount them

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
I'm kinda partial to the non powered steps on the rear of LR Disco's. Simple hinged arm with a gas spring to lift it up. Figured to mod the one I got outta the JY to fit flush to the bottom of the rocker guard and have a thin lip sticking out for SWMBO to edge her toe onto.

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
North East Classic Parts has brackets for the AMP steps and is made for the early Bronco. Mounts to Inner Rocker and uses underbody supports as well. I'm not sure but they may interfere with Side fuel tank. Worth a look.

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Ya I met some pretty good fabricators last week that I hope to employ for this job.
North East Classic Parts has brackets for the AMP steps and is made for the early Bronco. Mounts to Inner Rocker and uses underbody supports as well. I'm not sure but they may interfere with Side fuel tank. Worth a look.
I did see these, thanks! Definitely interferes though, I have maybe a 1/4" of room to work with

https://northeastclassicfordparts.c...73-1974-1975-1976-1977-early-ford-bronco.html

mounting-bracket-set-for-amp-research-power-steps-1966-1967-1968-1969-1970-1971-1972-1973-1974-1975-1976-1977-early-ford-bronco.jpg

mounting-bracket-set-for-amp-research-power-steps-1966-1967-1968-1969-1970-1971-1972-1973-1974-1975-1976-1977-early-ford-bronco.jpg