• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Real seal oil leak?

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
Thanks, Tim! How do you make sure the crankcase is properly vented? My PCV valve is new and lines are clean, I also have a filter on the passenger valve cover in lieu of running it into the stock air cleaner.

pull your pcv valve with hose attached while engine is running and put your finger over the valve. should be strong vacuum. if no vacuum valve is clogged or bad. is your pcv connected to base of the carb??

I only bring this up because it seems you have a lot of areas that leak.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
OP
OP
clinem03

clinem03

pull your pcv valve with hose attached while engine is running and put your finger over the valve. should be strong vacuum. if no vacuum valve is clogged or bad. is your pcv connected to base of the carb??

I only bring this up because it seems you have a lot of areas that leak.

Just pulled the PCV, started her up and felt great suction. It is also connected to the base of the carb.

OP
OP
clinem03

clinem03

I actually prefer the two piece seals like yours, because they can be replaced without pulling the tranny. Find some good instructions and follow them.
Also be sure to clean the rear bearing cap and mating block surfaces with acetone, and seal them with anaerobic sealant. Don't let anyone tell you that RTV is ok.
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...SHpHXgLVURbcJCZd19AaAlmHEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Sadly my new TO bearing is giving me issues to I have to drop the Tranny again and plan to in the next few weeks. I bought the two piece seal but dont have any anaerobic sealant, but will grab some - thanks!