• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Project Grabber Orange

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
I have been following all the posts about the guy you all are complaining about who is near me in Alabama, I live in Guntersville,AL I am gonna go view this bronco he has on ebay wish me luck. I will let you all know what i find. I still don't agree with bashing or bringing his family into whatever your issues may be.

Here is MYGR868 pic. From another thread. I think his caps button is broken.

attachment.php

OP
OP
bbow

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
Coil Spring Cups

My coil spring cups seem to be installed different on each side of the vehicle. They are also shims under the cups. I have allot of "bow" in my springs. I would like to get new James Duff Cups and get rid of these shims. Any advice?

Attachments

• Coil Spring Driver side.jpg
    Coil Spring Driver side.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 124
  • Coil Spring Passenger side.jpg
    Coil Spring Passenger side.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 129
OP
OP
bbow

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
Installed new Duff Coil Spring cups on Saturday. Old coil cups were bent as suspected.

Attachments

• 2012-05-12 12.05.48.jpg
    2012-05-12 12.05.48.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 162

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Is it me or .... looks like the dr.side wheel is setting back a little more than the pass?

could be the angle of the pic...?

OP
OP
bbow

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
It is the angle of the picture. Its also not a level working surface that its parked on. The coil cups helped allot in getting the bow out of the springs. Someone had places aluminum shims under the coil cups and that looks to have caused the cups to bend.

Attachments

• 2012-05-12 12.06.06.jpg
    2012-05-12 12.06.06.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

SP66

Bronco Guru
Just gotta tell you---props for working on that bronco---your probably gonna keep it around for a long while and touch everything---i love it

OP
OP
bbow

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
I will definitively have to touch everything on it. This is gonna be my wife's ride and I want it to be as safe and dependable as possible. I started rebuilding the rear drum brakes this weekend. There is no fluid getting to the rear wheel cylinders at all. Also installing new emergency brake cables. The original ones were not even connected.

OP
OP
bbow

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
No rear brakes

I still have no rear brakes. I have pressure from the MC to the proportional valve but none from the valve to the rear brake cylinders. I have ordered a new proportional valve. Hope this takes care of the problem. Rebuilt the rear brakes this weekend.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I still have no rear brakes. I have pressure from the MC to the proportional valve but none from the valve to the rear brake cylinders. I have ordered a new proportional valve. Hope this takes care of the problem. Rebuilt the rear brakes this weekend.

When you crack the bleed screw on the rear passenger side are you gettign any flow?

OP
OP
bbow

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
Heim Steering

Finally made a decision on my front steering setup. Ordered the "Y" Link GM 1 Ton setup from Rufftuff. Could not resist the Bronco discount code.

OP
OP
bbow

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
Now I have to decide if I want TRO. I already have a dropped pitman arm and would prefer to just do standard TRE. I had some input at the first of this thread and the consensus was TRO.

mudstud

Contributor
Bronco Bonehead
Loc.
Excel
With 5.5” of lift I would do the tie-rod over. I also would do a track bar riser.

OP
OP
bbow

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
Getting ready to do the HEIM TRO install soon. I installed 1/2" wheel spacers this weekend. Stripped the black paint off the stock chrome front bumper. Stripped the orange paint off the headlight bezels. Looks 100% better even with a little rust on the chrome.

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
Getting ready to do the HEIM TRO install soon. I installed 1/2" wheel spacers this weekend. Stripped the black paint off the stock chrome front bumper. Stripped the orange paint off the headlight bezels. Looks 100% better even with a little rust on the chrome.

We need pics! Glad you are making good head way on this!

OP
OP
bbow

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
Re-worked bumper and headlight bezels

Here is a picture of the front after I stripped the black paint off the bumper.

Attachments

• 2012-05-29 19.30.12.jpg
    2012-05-29 19.30.12.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 397

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Looks much better already! The chrome bumper sets it off, and the springs look waaaay better!

Keep up the good work! :cool:

OP
OP
bbow

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
Installed a new proportional valve. Now I have rear brakes. Unfortunately can't get the steering column / shifting situation fixed. It appears someone left out some parts. Gonna give a few more tries then scarp the column shifter for a floor shifter.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Yes looking good ya'll:cool:...good luck with the shifter,might be best to go on with the floor shifter...;)