• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

'69 half-Cab Resto Project

Skidd

Loc.
SATX
I've lurked on this forum for quite a long time. We've been planning to tackle this project for years. Now it's finally underway.. figured it's about time I said Hi!
This '69 half-cab has been in my wifes Family since 1977. Her father bought it from a friend who bought it new.
My wife drove this truck all through college. Now it's my brother-in-laws baby. He's taken reasonable care of it.

It's already in really decent shape. South Texas Living it's whole life. Rust is minimal.
The frame is SOLID.
The floor pans and firewall cowel are the worst spots.
He wants a daily-driver out of it. Jump in, turn the key and go every time. Street-Drive 99% of the time.
- Power Steering
- Power Brakes
- Front Discs
- Rebuild the Axles
- 5-speed AX15
- Rebuild the dana 20 + twin-sticks
- Crate Roller 302 (unless I get the desire to rebuild this original 302)
- Edelbrock ProFlo 4 EFI
- 2.5" Suspension Lift & 1" Body Lift
- painless wiring harness
- new interior (seats, carpet, gauges, head-liner)
- new paint (planning Ford Pepper Gray)
- STAYING UN-CUT!
- 30s on there now, might go to 31s depending on the look after the lift.
- etc.. etc.. you get the idea.

Going to be a fun project.

P.S. It's currently sharing my garage with MY car.

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
Welcome! Great source of knowledge resides within. Nice “roommate” for the EB, by the way.

Randy

OP
OP
Skidd

Skidd

Loc.
SATX
Thanks guys.
It's been 3 weekends since I got started. Here's it's current state as of a few hours ago.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Nice project. I like your build plan - nothing too wild which should make for a good daily driver. Only add would be air conditioning like a Vintage Air kit for South Texas. Pretty sure with the 2 1/2" plus 1" lift you (or he) will want to go with 31s - which is a great combo lift for a LUBR.

OP
OP
Skidd

Skidd

Loc.
SATX
Ah.. yep . AC is on my list too. Retro Sound, keyless locks. Plenty of little things to make it nice to drive.

OP
OP
Skidd

Skidd

Loc.
SATX
My new floor pans arrived yesterday. I'm a little disappointed by their quality. A little warped, and a little dinged. I think I can work with them though. At least they will be covered up

Dano310

Loc.
Los Angeles
Just picked up my Bronco two weeks ago and it's a '69 half-cab as well. My list almost mimics yours down to a T with the exception of rebuilding the ol' 302 that came with it.

Good luck! Keep us posted