• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please help me decode my VIN, and tell me what my Bronco is.

green50gt

Loc.
Goshen, IN
well, finally found my VIN. Had to scratch all the paint on the door jam off, but here it is:

U15GLX08126 I believe.

I know the U15 Stands for Wagon or HD

The G says it had a 302 2v

The L stands for Michigan Assembly plant

Then after that, I don't know what it means.

I could not read the axle, or the trim or the other stuff on the bottom of the tag on the door jamb. I can tell you It has Limited slip front and rear. It has a hardtop. I don't think there was ever a rear seat, but everything is so rusted out back there, its hard to say. It has chrome on the headlights, looked like it had chrome ford letters on the grill, tailights have chrome around them. Doesn't have the original steering wheel.

Now, tell me what do I have?

Thanks,

Derek

a67and77

Loc.
Albuq.
the rest of it is just the production run. Yours was produced in May of 75 starting with X00000 - X19999. Hope that helps ;D

OP
OP
G

green50gt

Loc.
Goshen, IN
Crap, cool, thanks for getting back with me. It really sucks that I can't see what color it was, what trim, what package, etc. etc. It was painted green, but I have found it looks like it was originally like a puke yellow.

That website said the limited slip was stopped in 74' I believe. I wonder why mine has limited slip? Maybe is was early enough 75 that there were left overs?

Thanks,

Derek

a67and77

Loc.
Albuq.
Does your Bronco still have the vin plate on the glove box door? If so you can find all the numbers you need stamped in.