• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Paint finally!!!! more pics added

75koda

Finally got tub, fenders and doors painted today. Top, hood, and gate next had to do in groups with our limited space in our made up booth. Went with a Kia color called titanium silver. Can't seem to get pics to post from iPad. Pics added soon. This is a day I have been waiting for for two years it has turned out great so far. Those of you getting yours ready for paint stick with it, I got discouraged a couple times but well worth all of the months of work we have put into it. ;) I added couple pics i took right after last coat of clear went on.
The last picture is a friends 7 year old who thought sand blasting looked fun so we gave him a try, picture is from Jan 2010. The bronco has came a long way since then one of these days I will do a build thread.

Attachments

• bronco door.jpg
    bronco door.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 163
  • bronco drivers rear.jpg
    bronco drivers rear.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 155
  • bronco fender.jpg
    bronco fender.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 149
  • 2010-01-24 08.49.20.jpg
    2010-01-24 08.49.20.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 46
  • rear pass fender.jpg
    rear pass fender.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 46
  • pass front fender.jpg
    pass front fender.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 32
  • front frive fender.jpg
    front frive fender.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 33
  • bronco after paint.jpg
    bronco after paint.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Looking good..Those words of encouragement are really needed! I'm starting a frame-up next year. Looking for a good candidate right now. I figure I'll be into it 2-3 years before it's done.

chriswitt

Very Cool.... now the real fun begins as you bring it to life! Nice color.

Broncofan76

Loc.
Atlanta
Nice color and great work. I am doing a similar color (dark shadow grey metallic) THIS WEEK. I have been working for 2 years to get to this point and I'm excited to get some color on this thing finally. Congrats - it must feel great.
Did you have any trouble with the panels matching/blending since you painted them separately? I do have just enough room to assemble first and spray all at once but I entertained the idea of spaying disassembled in order to get in all jambs etc and this would also allow me to paint the hood while it hangs upright which is way easier and less trash would get in it. Any advice would be great.

2monkeyboys

3x On the color .I painted mine ford color mineral gray

Attachments

• Picture 251.jpg
    Picture 251.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 141.jpg
    141.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 119
  • Picture_300.jpg
    Picture_300.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 93
  • Picture 252.jpg
    Picture 252.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 103
  • Picture 253.jpg
    Picture 253.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 85

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
That looks great.. I need encouragement as I just hit a year now that mine has been in various state of dismantled.. Might take another year to drive again.. :(

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Really like that you left the beltline trim on. Too many people remove it on a modified build.

OP
OP

75koda

Thanks everyone, broncofan76 so far color all looks good these panels were all painted same time hood, grill, and gate will be done in upcoming week hopefully. I have a buddy doing all the spraying for me and he assures me that there will be no issues with different tints or color not matching. Even if there is just a hint of difference I dont see it being noticable because they are on different lines. Hope this is the case because thats what I have convinced myself that it will be ok.

Aggie007

Color looks awesome, and must have been a good job because I can see your reflection in the door.

knack

Contributor
It's a good feeling when the project reaches that point, isn't it?

Looks great!

Broncofan76

Loc.
Atlanta
Thanks for the info. Sounds like your buddy who sprayed it is more confident than I am with a paint gun as i can not be "assured" of any particular outcome! Sealer and primer went on well but those are pretty easy compared to base and clear. post more pics man! congrats

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Awesome color! I have noticed a bunch of Kia colors that are pretty nice, my mind is thinking....