• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Opinions needed; Console purchase

Matt@Wildhorses

Sponsor/Vendor
Hey WPS, I hope you don't mind me weighing in. That comparison, in my opinion is like comparing apples and oranges. We offer an imported console, that is more budget friendly, with similar cup holders to the Toms console. If you put our budget friendly console next to a Tuffy, you will definitely see and feel a difference in weight and quality. The Tuffy consoles are Made in the USA, so that may be a plus for you too. I am not by any means saying Toms console does not compare to a Tuffy, but, usually when there is that much of a price difference, there is a reason. Just my $0.02. Link to our Budget console below. Happy Hunting and I hope you find the best console for your build. :)

https://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/Deluxe_Stereo_Console_8in/Bronco_Storage

Matt

ShoeSlinger

I use the Tuffy model for the Suzuki Samuri. Drill a few holes and you still have the dual cup holders in front. It allows much easier access to seatbelts and doesn't rub on the seats. I grew tired of watching my center consoles take their toll on my seats.

OP
OP
WPS 73 Bronco

WPS 73 Bronco

Contributor
Loc.
The Woodlands, Tx
Hey WPS, I hope you don't mind me weighing in. That comparison, in my opinion is like comparing apples and oranges. We offer an imported console, that is more budget friendly, with similar cup holders to the Toms console. If you put our budget friendly console next to a Tuffy, you will definitely see and feel a difference in weight and quality. The Tuffy consoles are Made in the USA, so that may be a plus for you too. I am not by any means saying Toms console does not compare to a Tuffy, but, usually when there is that much of a price difference, there is a reason. Just my $0.02. Link to our Budget console below. Happy Hunting and I hope you find the best console for your build. :)

https://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/Deluxe_Stereo_Console_8in/Bronco_Storage

Matt
Thanks for the feedback. You told me exactly what I needed to know.

Next question is which width, 8 or 10”? I’m installing Tom’s highback seats.

Matt@Wildhorses

Sponsor/Vendor
No problem. Normally 8" is the widest in the 66-77 Bronco. If you want to try to get wider, then I would install the seats first, then measure how much space you have available. 8" would be the most common, not 10".

Matt

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
I have the 10" Tuffy box with the Toms Seats.

Attachments

• IMG_5891.JPG
    IMG_5891.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 24