• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

new set of tires

OP
OP
bax

bax

Contributor
Old Member
You are correct Franko. Ups says my other 4 will be here today. We will see.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
...I just got the KM3 in the 33x10.5. Mounted them on some 15x7 Wheel Vintiques. They look like the should tuck nicely.

Any chance any of you with the new 33x10.50's could get a quick measurement of the actual diameter mounted on the wheel?
Just curious what they're running. On the vehicle would be even better, but any way I can get it is ok with me.

Thanks

Paul

phyler

Loc.
Denver area
Any chance any of you with the new 33x10.50's could get a quick measurement of the actual diameter mounted on the wheel?
Just curious what they're running. On the vehicle would be even better, but any way I can get it is ok with me.

Thanks

Paul
Mine measured 31.5. This is mounted and on the truck. I think I have right around 30lbs of pressure as that is what Discount put them at and I haven't driven on them yet.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Love seeing all the parts that are sitting in your garage for so long finally on the Bronco !

Great Wheels ! ... Nothing like a old school wheel on a vintage vehicle !

now if only we could get Mudd to do that too.. lol

OP
OP
bax

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Pictures of the bronco with the new wheels and tires.

Attachments

• Bax01.jpg
    Bax01.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 138
  • Bax02.jpg
    Bax02.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 136
OP
OP
bax

bax

Contributor
Old Member

Thanks

Paul

Paul, I went out and measured the tire . Sitting on the ground, on the vehicle brand new with no miles on them. 31.5''. Just like what Phyler posted. 30 PSI

OP
OP
bax

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Thank you , thank you, thank you very much. ( in my best Elvis voice)

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sitting on the ground, on the vehicle brand new with no miles on them. 31.5''. Just like what Phyler posted. 30 PSI

thats what my brand new 33x10.5x15 AT KO2's measure with 15x6 factory slots

OP
OP
bax

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Took it for a test drive, about 2 hours worth. Best it has ever driven. Drives nice and straight, no wandering, very little road noise. Much better. Got it on the interstate, 70 is not a problem. I like it.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
good deal! put some miles on Bax!!

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
With a 6'' wheel you would think they would stand up a little higher?

Looks really good Bax.

Not with a radial tire. The steel belts only allow the tire to be X diameter no matter the wheel width. A bias tire would be taller purely by how they are constructed.

OP
OP
bax

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Looks really good Bax.

Not with a radial tire. The steel belts only allow the tire to be X diameter no matter the wheel width. A bias tire would be taller purely by how they are constructed.

Man your smart. I didn't even thing about that.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Took it for a test drive, about 2 hours worth. Best it has ever driven. Drives nice and straight, no wandering, very little road noise. Much better. Got it on the interstate, 70 is not a problem. I like it.

I'm glad you kept it in the family.. I'd have done the same

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
With a 6'' wheel you would think they would stand up a little higher?

yep you would think, but not the case. I have a set of 235x85x16 BFG AT KO2's on factory 16 steel's, they are exact same height as the 33's, 31.5"

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've mounted the same 15" tire on three different size wheels and it did not change either the height or the width. It "looked" like it changed the width, but only because it changes the shape/curve of the sidewall. Looks bulged because of the relative width of the wheel. But not actually the width of the sidewall.

We did not expect any changes just from previous observations, but wanted to do it with the same exact tire just to be sure.
Take an unmounted tire and with your hands gripping the beads on both sides, pull outward and push inward. You can probably move it four or five inches, or more, and you won't see any change in height. Virtually the same goes for mounting it on a wheel.

With the most extreme range you might see a sidewall change, but it's not much.
Air pressure will change the overall diameter unloaded (in the center of the tread only). But once the weight of a vehicle is on it that variation goes away and the tire just goes back to the same old size.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Paul, I went out and measured the tire. Sitting on the ground, on the vehicle brand new with no miles on them. 31.5''. Just like what Phyler posted. 30 PSI
thats what my brand new 33x10.5x15 AT KO2's measure with 15x6 factory slots

Cool. Thank you guys too.
That also confirms what I normally put into the calculators when someone is asking what rpm their "33's" will produce with a particular gear ratio.

Paul