• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

new set of tires

bax

Old Member
So I am buying a new set of tires for the bronco. I have TSl's 33/12.5/15 on it now. I want to get a little bit better on road manners. Thinking about 33/10.5/15. I want a thinner tire to tuck the rear tires into the inside of the fenders ( Uncut). Thinking about these 2- general grabber x3. or BF goodrich KM3. I can get the grabbers anytime. the BF goodriches are not out yet, looks like another month or so. Both are the same price. Any opinions?

Thanks

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Make sure you get round ones. With holes in the middle.

That's all I got.

OP
OP
bax

bax

Old Member
I think the hole in the middle is what is messing me up.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
HAVE the Grabbers on my truck currently....I drive a lot of road and they seem to be holding up quite well if that helps...it's like riding on air! ;D

Attachments

• C2.jpg
    C2.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 283

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I really like my KM2's on the bronco and the KO3's on the FJ. But pretty much it's hard to go wrong with any of the major brands anymore. It's not like it was in the past, everyone technologically has caught up with each other.

OP
OP
bax

bax

Old Member
Well they are priced almost the same. I am wondering if the new KM3's are going to be any better than the Km2's. I dont want the KO's because they pack up and become slicks in mud. The lug design on the grabbers makes me think they will be noisy on the street.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Bax I had the grabbers on my rig and found them noisy and kinda of squirrely. I took them.back and swapped them for a different set.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ratch

I run the previous gen Grabber red letter 33x10.5 and really like them, they are pretty quiet and ride pretty good at 28psi. Do really well off road.

Also the KM3s are out, about as loud as my grabbers.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I have the KM2 mud in 33X12.5X15 they are extremely round and easy to balance tire. They are not loud on the highway if that helps any. BFG puts allot of engineering in their tire molds.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Have you considered going up to a 17" rim to drop a little sidewall height? That will open up a lot of tire options.

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Take a look at the Cepek Extreme Country, I put a set of those (31's) on Greener, quite and ride good. Big Country put a set of 33's on his 66' rig and is pretty happy!!!;D;D;D

Attachments

• FSCN7950.JPG
    FSCN7950.JPG
    168.8 KB · Views: 152
OP
OP
bax

bax

Old Member
Bax,
If your using 12.50's now, I'm guessing you have a 10" wide wheel.
Those would look really ghetto with 10.5 tires.

No I have them on an 8'' wheel to make them taller. I want to use the 10.5 wide tire with a 7'' wheel.

Thanks for the info guys. Looking like I may search out the KM3's. leaning that way anyway.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
BACK When I worked at Chrysler. I ask every one that came in with big tire how they like their tires . Most had BFG. & EVERYONE of those people liked them. .
I had a set of Generals that wore fast.
.. SO I'll say if it's 90% town life I think you'll love the BFG's.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
One nice thing about BF Goodrich tires is, they are available just about everywhere.
I have KM2s on two vehicles. I got them from Discount Tire, but they were also available at Walmart and Costco.
So, if you tear one up, you should easily be able to get a replacement.

OP
OP
bax

bax

Old Member
I ordered 1 BF goodrich KM3 today. I figured I would mount it up and see how it looks before ordering 4. May need a different offset on the rim for what I need to stay uncut.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I ordered 1 BF goodrich KM3 today. I figured I would mount it up and see how it looks before ordering 4. May need a different offset on the rim for what I need to stay uncut.

that's always one way to do it :)