• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco - press conf from Ford

ransil

Bronco Guru
The all-new Ranger will appeal to a new generation of customers. They seek the well-earned freedom to recharge doing what they love, and the Built Ford Tough Ranger is the perfect adventure gear to take them there.

Who They Are
Self-reliant doers driven by unrestricted freedom of a maneuverable, versatile, capable and garageable truck
They look at a weekend as an opportunity to engage in fun and physical challenges
Live by the motto, “Always going. Always doing.”
They have a desire to try anything and succeed no matter the odds
They thrive on progression, always stretching their goals

marketing people justifying their job

c-gallagher

I am the GM at a Ford Dealership in northern Nevada. Yesterday they order guide for Rangers opened meaning dealers can now input retail orders for 2019 Rangers. Our reps tell us not to expect inventory on the ground until late this year. As far as the Bronco goes they are very tight lipped on any details of the design or release date still.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
I had heard that they are to be on the floor in january

aisawalsh

Or you could go down to Mexico and bring a Ranger back right now, when I was on vacation in December 2017 and April 2018 I saw new Rangers driving around down there which confuses me as they are to be manufactured in the US but are available now in Mexico.

1971lubr

Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
Again, see my post earlier(#13 in this thread). It's all online. You can build and price the Ranger RIGHT NOW on Ford's website....

No manual trans. I'm out, same reason I'm not buying an F150. I need a pickup for work but I'll just keep towing a 5x10 trailer with my 6spd JK.

Ford really screwed the pooch here and they will with the new Bronco as well.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
71 luber, I felt the same way when I bought my JK 5 years ago, then I tried the manual compared to the 5 speed, now 6 auto. Night and day, AT is far superior in all respects to the manual. I expect it to be the same at Ford since all trannys are usually based off a common design.

Essentially the manufacturers have stopped making manuals, and the ones they are making are not good for smaller lighter cars and trucks.

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No manual trans. I'm out, same reason I'm not buying an F150. I need a pickup for work but I'll just keep towing a 5x10 trailer with my 6spd JK.

My understanding is the Superduty dropped a manual trans option a year or two ago. The only reason I would need a manual in mine is for "slogging" as Scoop calls it. But really, what I need a way to increase torque through the converter at crawl speeds. It takes way too much throttle to get my truck moving just to get back on the brake again. (I hate seeing how "four-wheelers" cut in front of semi's rolling along with 15 car lengths in front of them. They need the same thing I do...;))

Hozr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oly, WA

Nope, just the 10 Speed Automatic! Seriously? Just put a CVT in it already...

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... In my Opinion It'll just be a TOWN VERSION OF a Astro Van. If it's even 4x4 It'll only be a high range. .. 4cyl. Special Radio ..& a good AC unit. Get about 15mpg. & I'm even expecting it to have some new metric size tires that we can do nothing with.
Lots of Badges to tell us it's really is a Bronco. But it really won't be as good as a Samurai .
YEP I'm not very Excited .
... As I see it .. It's taken way to long to produce .. So It'll be a real turd.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I am still excited.

I still have high hopes.

I hope the extensive re-design was because they heard the public out cry for something to compete with the JK.

But even if it ain't "All that and a bag of chips" it will still be pretty interesting for us to dissect it.
I hope we are all a little surprised.

I have to say that most all of you have very low expectations so I think you can only be impressed by the final product.

I am really looking forward to it's release.

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
I saw this on FSB...

Looks like people are starting to look “through” the brown cover.
2bdf3075d853daf28064ea5c3a049e1b.png

6ddeba294267691a23ee6077faceb611.png

7258707fb2bf82bed4fa9784f5d17d34.png

77bacc44948c1fe373a9b55dba1f4874.png

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Not sure who thought that up but it probably came from a focus group of millennials....

no you're thinking of the new Chevy ads...sometimes i watch them just to see if they might mention something about the actual vehicles ;D

Jaxgtc

I think the tarped version is a big head-fake. What we see at the Detroit Auto Show next year might look quite different.

I think the hood will be much more rounded, as will the top of the back.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
There is a reason there are no more manual trans. People don't want them, and the new autos are a thousand times better than the old ones. Any the 6-10-8 speed trans are a lot to due with fuel MPG. Remember auto makes want to make money, they are going to build what sells to the masses and make them the most money. Every auto maker is like this unless it is a small custom shop. That's what the aftermarket is for, look at the stock early 66 broncos, They were turds, no power, no creature comforts, just about everything was an option. But it was a good idea and was refined over the years and then the aftermarket caught up and look what they are today. It is too early in the game to count out the new bronco.

Don't think any of the big three offer a manual anymore in 1/2 or 3/4 ton trucks. My 2016 F150 with the 6 speed auto tows better than any manual or auto truck I have ever had. Don't get me wrong I like rowing gears in sports cars and even in my 67 bronco but for daily driving and even towing heavy loads the new autos are tough to beat!