• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco - press conf from Ford

rustbucket

Bronco Guru
I saw an article the other day talking about a “Baby Bronco.” It said that it was based on the unibody Focus platform. I started getting really scared until I saw at the end that this was not the Bronco we are waiting for. It was just a smaller SUV they decided to give that name to; at least internally.

That being said, I’m guessing the two will share styling elements. I can’t wait to see what they come up with, but I also honestly know that whatever it is, it won’t be the same. What makes the old Bronco so cool is the simplicity. Too many safety regulations and too little demand for something that basic anymore.

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That being said, I’m guessing the two will share styling elements.

Have you noticed that all non-truck/van vehicles share a nose/grill design? At least for a few more years that is, until they're discontinued.

Tugross302

^^. I know what you’re saying but in all honesty Jeep does a pretty good job with the Wrangler as far as keeping it simple. I still have hope

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
As long as all the complication is covered up with a dash panel, we'll be fine. ;D

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
They really need to release a concept photo, or something more on what it is going to look like. I am sick of all the artist renderings, and speculation of what it is going to look like. We all know the basics, its going to on the same frame and running gear as the new Ranger, we know that for sure as it will be built on the same line as the Ranger. But I really want to know what its going to look like. I will be in the market for a new truck/ small SUV next year I want to know if I should hold out for the bronco or go with something else. If it is going to be a 2020 model they better get moving! Time to release some more details Ford!!

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
When I first saw it mentioned wasn't it supposed to be a 2019 model?

If they keep dragging their feet will it end up being a 2021 model?

rustbucket

Bronco Guru
When I first saw it mentioned wasn't it supposed to be a 2019 model?

If they keep dragging their feet will it end up being a 2021 model?

The Ranger is 2019 and Bronco for 2020. I believe that was always the plan.

If I were a betting man, I would say it will look like a bigger, edgier version of the “Baby Bronco.” Yes, it will be a more rugged body-on-frame, but I think the design elements are there. Imagine the photo below with a bit more upright features. I hear a two door will also be in the lineup. It will be a bit larger than this one, of course.

b5faeb2db0982c6593986b0a8a72d1cd.jpg

Jaxgtc

Ford Ranger Configurator is Online

Ford has the 2019 Ranger Configurator online:

https://shop.ford.com/build/ranger

Can't wait till they have this for the NB. I just love playing around with the options and dreamin.

Last edited:

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I called my local dealer about the new Ranger the other day. Asked if they had any of them on the lot yet. Told me no probably not till october, so then I asked if they had any brochures on them and he said no not yet. I couldnt believe they didnt even have them yet. Come on Ford get with the program!!!!!

frenchy

svobronco

Contributor
I looked at a Ranger brochure sitting at a salesman's desk 3 weeks ago. They're not for distribution yet. You'll have to visit the dealership if you want a peek.

Tiko433

Contributor
I know just enough to be dangerous
Loc.
South West Florida

If I were a betting man, I would say it will look like a bigger, edgier version of the “Baby Bronco.” Yes, it will be a more rugged body-on-frame, but I think the design elements are there. Imagine the photo below with a bit more upright features. I hear a two door will also be in the lineup. It will be a bit larger than this one, of course.

^^*?? What model is this ?

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
No matter what the new Bronco looks or performs like, If it can't go up against Jeep, Ford might as well quit and go home. Jeep knocked it out of the park with their JK!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
I looked at a Ranger brochure sitting at a salesman's desk 3 weeks ago. They're not for distribution yet. You'll have to visit the dealership if you want a peek.

you??? on here??? ;D

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru

^^*?? What model is this ?

Ford said they are not going to sell cars in the US anymore, only SUVs.
So they stick a SUV-ish body on a Focus and wah-lah it's an SUV so they can sell it in the US.

Hozr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oly, WA
I have the brochure open but can't post it as a pic. Looks like 8 color options and 7 different wheels.

XL, XLT and Lariat
SuperCab or SuperCrew
6' box on SCab
5' box on SCrew

Packages
Chrome Appearance Pkg
FX4 Offroad Pkg
Sport Appearance Pkg (XLT, Lariat)
STX Appearance Pkg (XL)
Technology Pkg

Again, see my post earlier(#13 in this thread). It's all online. You can build and price the Ranger RIGHT NOW on Ford's website....