• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need New Blank Dash Cut. How do I find someone?

OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Did you contact GK Machine? They do all of my laser cutting

I called them up and they estimated at least $250 to make all the cuts in the panel, and that was if the panel was straight and nothing else needed to be done.

When I talked to BCB (if I remember correctly), they will make all the cuts for $300.

Lon L

This is the layout I think I am going to go with for my dash. Trying to keep it simple, but have the components I need. I am going to put the remaining A/C vent tucked under the dash on the driver side.

My dash will be laid out very similar, but I plan to use 4 vents . On the ends, I hear it gets tight, but I have seen some done that way.

mustanggarage

Contributor
when I wanted my blank dash I tried to get one from bc broncos. they were not able to make any at the time. they were looking at options. I waited 6 months and never got one so I started talking with a guy on my jeep forum that makes custom dashes for jeeps. his name is Dan Dilner. Double D fab. https://www.doubledfab.com/ I sent him my original dash and my plan for what I wanted. he took all my information and used my original dash to set up weldmate panels to have custom dashes made. he made mine and kept all the original information so he could custom make any type of dash or modification anyone can dream up. I wanted to be able to use the stock defrost vent, and the stock dash pad. it uses all the original mounting points etc. it fits perfect. I wanted to keep a simple clean look so I plan to mount a double din radio in the cubby in front of the shifter. I also considered mounting the ac vents in the dash but I decided mounting them below in the pods was a cleaner look. but Dan can make it anyway you want.

Attachments

• IMG_4558.jpg
    IMG_4558.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4557.jpg
    IMG_4557.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 20190606_175306872_iOS.jpg
    20190606_175306872_iOS.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 20190606_175317960_iOS.jpg
    20190606_175317960_iOS.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4940.jpg
    IMG_4940.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 20190606_175330731_iOS.jpg
    20190606_175330731_iOS.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 42

Lon L

when I wanted my blank dash I tried to get one from bc broncos. they were not able to make any at the time. they were looking at options. I waited 6 months and never got one so I started talking with a guy on my jeep forum that makes custom dashes for jeeps. his name is Dan Dilner. Double D fab. https://www.doubledfab.com/ I sent him my original dash and my plan for what I wanted. he took all my information and used my original dash to set up weldmate panels to have custom dashes made. he made mine and kept all the original information so he could custom make any type of dash or modification anyone can dream up. I wanted to be able to use the stock defrost vent, and the stock dash pad. it uses all the original mounting points etc. it fits perfect.

Wow, that came out nice :)

Lon L

you should see some of the stuff he makes for jeeps. it is just up to your imagination. I am a simple guy.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=emJja0pqeF95VWhUNHB4VG5lU2tILTVEZUFLQ3B3

Wow, those look nice. I know they layout I want , I just have to make sure there is adequate room behind the dash for the things that are going to be mounted. and I cant really do that yet , BC has not shipped the AC units yet so I am kind of stuck waiting. I would certainly prefer an expert do the cutting though, I know my limitations :)