• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My favorite thing about this site

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
I think you're all a bunch of assholes! :D

For a second there, I thought I was at work...............! :p (not that I have ever been called that)

Yea, it's the folks on this site that make it. 1 year newbie and I have already met a bunch of guys that I wish I had met years ago!

OP
OP
L

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
Man I'm sorry BUT I don't miss Rob .. He never added anything but B/S .. nOW BILL THAT'S ANOTHER sTORY .. BILL EVEN KNEW HOW TO MAKE ... SAUERKRAUT.

I miss Rob, Rob loved to get people going and had smartest guy in the room syndrome but underneath that he was s good guy, he did not take being an asshole personal he loved the argument for argument sake. He did not believe half the crap he argues about, he just argues because he loves to, that's why he was a lawyer. I loved seeing if I could outdo Bill for Rob "Merit badges".

That being said, I do miss Bill's wit, I was just posting something the other day and thinking this is where Bill chim's in, it was a perfect opening for his commentary. Bill was one of the reasons I became a member of this site, his humor and mine are very similar.

Now as for Sauerkraut, I can make it, part of my dads family are austro-dutch so I learned a thing or two about it. You have to wash it, the germans used vinegar as a preservative not as a flavoring, it does flavor it but they don't eat it with all that vinegar in it, so you wash it, you dice up an apple and an onion and add to it, you boil it in chicken stock and then you take some short ribs and boil them in it until the meat falls off the bone then you pull out the ribs and pull all the meat apart and that's how you make Sauerkraut.

chuzie

Bronco Guru
After all these years, I've been eating sauerkraut the wrong way!?!? Time for a life changing experience. Off to the grocery store.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
For a second there, I thought I was at work...............! :p (not that I have ever been called that)

Yea, it's the folks on this site that make it. 1 year newbie and I have already met a bunch of guys that I wish I had met years ago!

Exceptin for that tasker guy and fatboy! ;D

Dave67fd and migs are good folks though! ;)

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Now as for Sauerkraut, I can make it, part of my dads family are austro-dutch so I learned a thing or two about it. You have to wash it, the germans used vinegar as a preservative not as a flavoring, it does flavor it but they don't eat it with all that vinegar in it, so you wash it, you dice up an apple and an onion and add to it, you boil it in chicken stock and then you take some short ribs and boil them in it until the meat falls off the bone then you pull out the ribs and pull all the meat apart and that's how you make Sauerkraut.

your sauerkraut got meat in it ?

this is how its made ... old school way !

[youtube]0l0joPdfV7E[/youtube]

~~~~~~~
and
[youtube]qYhQWFBtFhA?list=PLtdrr221gQd59TbUlIUrEdXJISBYgTZC8[/youtube]

OP
OP
L

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL

The original recipe that I used to use did not, but I ate some of the best sauerkraut I ever had at an East German ladies restaurant and I noticed that it had these little bits of meat in it. I finally asked here what it was and she told me that they boil ribs in the kraut after they butcher the majority of the meat off of them. From my understanding the East Germans made their Kraut more like the Polish Bigos than traditional German Kraut, probably a product of the wall.

Ksm

Bronco Guru
Well not all of us! :p

Well thank you Sir.
I do agree I have never been on a site with cooler people.
To echo one of our cb/eb brothers, "I have never been on a site where I wanted to meet so many of the members"
Ya'know Lowbush, what struck me was how much we looked alike.
My wife works at the same place I do. She saw you and laughed, saying, "My God he dresses exactly like you, he has the same hair line, and is almost the exact same size, oh and I know you were digging his truck"....
I laughed and said he's an owner at Holopaw Estates too.
She rolled her eyes and said, "You eb guys are all alike"

Yup I guess we are.....

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK

this is how its made ... old school way !

[youtube]0l0joPdfV7E[/youtube]

~~~~~~~
and
[youtube]qYhQWFBtFhA?list=PLtdrr221gQd59TbUlIUrEdXJISBYgTZC8[/youtube]

What a TBT! My mom's side of the family is 100% Czech............can remember my great grandma and grandma both making kraut.............stinky before eating, and after, but great food.

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
Great bunch of people on this sight!!!!and the way its run is top notch!!But don't get me talking about sauerkraut, my wife love it and is very picky about how it's made, for me I can't stand it, I guess that's the Italian in me!!Give me a great dish of spaghetti any day!!!! LOL

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
.. Funny this Sauerkraut side track I created in this post... SORRY. But the funny part is My Mother was one of 7 ladies head of Texas Home Mech .. for about 30 years . She thought she was a better cook than JULIA CHILDS .. But some times she didn't like Julia ... Jealous I think .. Her FAMILY Made home made sauerkraut as she grew up. ... 1930's Maybe Sourkraut & Possum wasn't good.
... But when mother fixed it .. She boiled wienies for about 10 minutes . Then she dumped a jar of store bought cold sourkraut on top of it. That's how I grew up eating it .
..... After I married my Wife .. She cooks it in a crock pot .. Store bought but with the wienies and she cooks it for about 8 hours . It's better the 2nd day than the 1st.
.... I love to get grand kids at about 9 years old ... for a weekend ... Talk up sauerkraut & wienies ..then put it on and let them smell it all night cooking ... They will hardly taste it. She & I get small helping & go back for 3rd or 4th helpings. Grand Kids think we're crazy.

ahansen_1985

Bronco Guru
Loc.
amity, oregon
For me it's the people, the posts, information and laughs... I've met most of the local-ish guys over the last few years and those have been some of the best times!

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I've met a bunch of great people locally from this site; to mention a few; Miikee, Ahansen (Andrew), Jsmall (Jaromy), Arsenio and Tom Dummer, the "Bushman" (Chris) and a whole bunch more (I know I'm leaving a whole bunch more out, Dan, Mark(s), Kevin(s), Matt... the list is freaking long) through networking with them and finding even more locals; There are (I so discovered) a dozen+ early broncos within a few miles of me that I never knew about. These guys have tons more knowledge and experience than I that have helped me when my only other alternative was to seek a local shop instead of getting my learn-on and saving untold mountains of $$$s. Thank you all and Jon at CB.com!!! :cool:

Here's a few pics of my local bronco buds.

Last edited: