• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Motivation needed.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Man you got this. Think about all the crap you have gone through in your life. They were all traumatic at the time due to not being in control of you problems. But you work them out and get better at it as life goes on. With your experience as you get older the problems get bigger because you already know not to sweat the small stuff. You will work it out, you always have. Just keep the eye on the prize. I have to deal with My gal, her Kids and her grand kids.

Their all good people but they have no clue in life how to keep functional and stay out of the crap that stinks. One thing that helped me after my Divorce was reading the book Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus. This should be a mandatory read for all to graduate high school.

Don't worry your not alone, there are allot of us dealing with this same issue. there are allot of guys dealing with even worse problems, at least you have a garage and a Bronco to run to. Its much cheaper than a Psychologist and when you done you have something for your money. Just don't say bad stuff when your angry because you can't take it back and it never helps the situation.

Live on and prosper.

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Motivation: The step-kids may not like you now, but once your gone, they'll fight over your bronco.

OP
OP
Broncos n' VWs

Broncos n' VWs

Motivation: The step-kids may not like you now, but once your gone, they'll fight over your bronco.

I have two boys of my own and they are already fighting over the Bronco and the old VW Beetle. (they both want the Bronco and NOT the Beetle)

Jedhead

Tasker Whose wheels are those on your rebuild ? BTW crappy days are had by all, rich poor and in between . Bronco building is great therapy!

5001craig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
When I went through my divorce and met my new to-be-wife a wise couple (that had gone through this) told me to never let the kids come between me and my girl. I've tried to live by this but it's hard sometimes. They were young at the time but it was still hard. My son was mad at me and my wife but in the last couple years those two have gotten very close. We went to see him at college (mandated by my wife, his step-mom) and those memories will be with me forever. Here's a pic of the two of them at Redrocks:

DhwPt-fuk0gIj7gpSUwep7wlimIHrSkxGt5DzF9pIPA-2Kyc_bCJlUIM45ZBC18JUKwxeVg2gkrujcXTNryByH6dvhcc6H-od8zAp_brZ--JEX3dDjAMM60NEQf56v6r8QZ8rsmRytx8KWUJTLOBzs-gZwZMEWMBFtBey_ZXGx39jsFcN_jo_EBa2zKKhqjPzBykLkQdahr_Fgs556FbrZOLjzMBkrarPXXuD15iHC-Ia0ben5AW72BEGLaeNC0ySzLRRwaNYBGMgd5SmeiS2eKrsKaS0sRHvHDbmvpgGo-j-4LA7KXes_o8n5IrbahNSMwOgLaQvThMfenoPVmzGZmmm7BeZb5qSWdM11Y7lwQ12RD-569J6jpPq5u1pKqWooJ34b7bytTqXeYN9_w0ZOsIL2JOgMIlNKzDK23wxktJEOdlID1eAJhNsFTsK4fcXyEtGHTDYOA8Kp5WEujYt7w2edMGl-mFz4jFYP5KKOvcZKaIJ6dvUhSqSvUUoLHu_vLIcdPiKZOKOfT84PqiUnyXqDqr4hIHAuh_SodGtNAGrvcFIU5fIo8X1XKmCAuIMcMDNKN3M9J9QMmnFvWI9oC03_QB707jTjWSWJGE8c4=w477-h358-no

Your Bronco rocks. Keep at it and keep using her as your shrink!

76 bronco J

Bronco Guru
KEEP after it!! my therapy as well... it's a long way to the top if you wanna rock and roll!

>>> gettin' robbed - gettin' stoned - gettin' beat up - broken boned - gettin' had - gettin' took - I tell you folks it's harder than it looks.....

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have two boys of my own and they are already fighting over the Bronco and the old VW Beetle. (they both want the Bronco and NOT the Beetle)

You will get thru this, and smile when you look back on these days as you cruise around in your Bronco. Then you might have to get back in the shop and build another so the boys can stop fighting, or tell them if they don’t behave they’ll both get Jeeps!

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
your bronco will always love you....things could be worse

IMG_6105.jpg

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I appreciate all the words of encouragement. After a bit of sleep last night and being able to remove myself from all the junk that happened yesterday, I am feeling better. Thanks brothers!

Good.. Stay positive man.. Could always be worst..

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Being a cop does that. We find humor in things we probably shouldn’t, it’s a coping mechanism.

He's a cop. And he uses coping mechanisms. Does no one else see the play there?? ;D

So sell the bronco, and the fight will be halfway over. Then sell the beetle and the problem is solved. They get to split cash and buy project broncos of their own!

Good.. Stay positive man.. Could always be worst..

I often consider what would happen to me if for some reason she were taken from this world. This always brings me back to giving more than taking to maintain the peace. And then there's the make up...

"Sometimes we fight just so we can make up."

My marriage story is different by today's standards. The way we met and all... Long story short, I know there is a higher purpose to me marrying my wife than I'll ever understand, so I have that to reflect on when everything comes into question. And this always leads me back to the "what would happen if..."

Our 10th anny was in July. Not gifts, no trips. Honestly, we didn't even get a weekend without the kids so there was no "mommy-daddy time." Definitely a big let down. But the deal was, she wanted to see Jr in his last race at TMS, so that's where we'll be this weekend. Without the kids! :cool:

Glad you got some sleep and found a release from the stress!

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
right on brother keep your head up. Marriage is tuff anyone that says it is not is lying! Glad you have a place to come vent and get motivation. Now I got to get motivated to work on my bronco. With a new baby it hard and I work 40hrs week. To dam tired Uggh.