• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Motivation needed.

Broncos n' VWs

Somebody offer words of encouragement... Had a crap day and I ended up putting myself in time out in the garage. Tired of marriage, tired of step kids, I'm already done with winter and it hasn't even started yet. Working on the Bronco is my refuge and helps me compartmentalize all the above poop. I did manage to get some rot cut out tonight. Lots of rusty rust. (This is where I need the encouragement)
9f87e7bbd9f18b2b107a6ea6b3619a00.jpg
2adf20c25118b6d5abdad4a273beb7d7.jpg
63a6c30373737b7e5b283bbacf1ea7df.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wow! Look how great those cross-member supports look!:eek:

How's that? Feel better?;)

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And if your night goes long, I see an ice chest and what could be sleeping bags.
Got tunes and a BBQ out there too?

I'm thinking you're all set!

Paul

NC-Fordguy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bethel/Greenville NC
From what I'm seeing you've done a good job of removing the rust. Hat channel looks good so that's a big plus.

Keep up the good job you're doing!!!

American180

Loc.
Mount Washington, Ky
Man, I know how your feeling. Many of us get that way in life. Try and look for the positives and remember the good times. As for the Bronco, You have the hardest part behind you, finding one! LOL. Don't get overwhelmed by the project and rust. Just tackle it one panel at a time. Before you know it, it will be better than new.

rspd505

Contributor
Loc.
Rising Sun, IN
Here’s some motivation for ya, things could be worse!

Attachments

• 4A8FE8D0-D938-44CA-9879-2F5B57D94776.jpg
    4A8FE8D0-D938-44CA-9879-2F5B57D94776.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 148
  • 2007EB01-0CBF-4774-9625-D6385A8A6525.jpg
    2007EB01-0CBF-4774-9625-D6385A8A6525.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 139
  • C656B615-59EA-4BF2-9A61-20B4BC35D725.jpg
    C656B615-59EA-4BF2-9A61-20B4BC35D725.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 129

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Dude, i've been there, including the marriage and step kid issues. that can be a tough dynamic sometimes. but back to broncos, i was very recently there and now looking at this;

IMG_4645.jpg

i was overwhelmed many times. had to walk away many times, had to redo what i thought was done a few times, but i kept my eye on the long game, and most importantly, never let it become a chore, but a source of encouragement and satisfaction.

keep at it Brother....

Hank

rspd505

Contributor
Loc.
Rising Sun, IN
Here’s some motivation for ya, things could be worse!

I hope that didn’t sound uncaring, it is just my humor. Being a cop does that. We find humor in things we probably shouldn’t, it’s a coping mechanism. We also compartmentalize a lot. Not only family stuff but work stuff as well. I bury stuff in my head to shield my family from the things I deal with in my job, which I turn affects me in the long run. I’m in the same boat when it comes to family and life in general. I feel the exact same as you. The garage is my shrink. That’s where I go to get my head straight. Even if I go out there and don’t do a thing.

As far as the Bronco, stick with it. Do a little at a time, don’t get overwhelmed. If mine was anywhere close to as solid as yours I’d be tickled. Hang in there brother.

Here’s a pic of the other side. It was almost as bad as the driver side.

Rick

Attachments

• C0FB7F8D-DB1C-40FC-AF57-26BD8AFB25F5.jpg
    C0FB7F8D-DB1C-40FC-AF57-26BD8AFB25F5.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 114

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
I always find when things are looking bad, they always seem to work out fine. I believe that is why God created garage/barns. If it wasn't for our workshops life would be a lot tougher. Hang in there and eventually you'll have a nice Bronco. Ken

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Put the lime in the coconut and call me in the morning.;)

Ph: BR549;D

mtp71174

just a tip drill down through the welded seat cage nuts with 1/4 inch drill through the old cross member later after installing new pans you can the drill up from underneath through new pans and find the seat bolt locations.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Just tackle one thing at a time.. Children grow up and move on, Then you got even more time w/the Rig...

You Got this

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Think about the first time you get to take it down the road after all of your hard work, it's worth every bit of frustration, sweat and time!!

and this too.. The end result will be well worth all the time spent...

gnpenning

Contributor
Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
Sounds like you met my ex and her kids....

I wish my supports looked that good. You are heading the right way. Have you done a build thread?

Keep your eyes on the prize. Live by the inch is a cinch life by the yard is hard.

KeithKinPhx

Some things to ponder about our mortality. Of all the things we do in life only the time we spend with others will be remembered. No one will remember the fish you caught or the movie you watched. People will remember how you treated them, even when they were behaving like idiots.
The sole exception is that the odds are the restoration work you are doing will allow that Bronco to be here after you (and I) are long gone. Broncos are 50 (like me and possibly you) and chances are in 50 more years we will gone but someone will appreciate the time (and love) you put into that truck.

OP
OP
Broncos n' VWs

Broncos n' VWs

I appreciate all the words of encouragement. After a bit of sleep last night and being able to remove myself from all the junk that happened yesterday, I am feeling better. Thanks brothers!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
KEEP after it!! my therapy as well... it's a long way to the top if you wanna rock and roll!

Attachments

• bones.jpg
    bones.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 57
  • big2.jpg
    big2.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 61

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I (finally after a couple of tries) have a great marriage, kids and step kids all doing well. None the less the shop is my refuge as well. The place you can put your head down and be creative and create something you can be proud of. You can only eat an elephant one bite at a time and a EB is no different. Stuff that seems overwhelming today will be routine tomorrow. That's when you realize how much you've learned. Maybe no one else in the family will be impressed with what you do and the cool thing is it don't matter! Who cares? Well we do!