• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lack motivation, help!!!

lasadoor

Loc.
San Diego
I haven't fixed, replaced, upgraded for awhile. Have body bushings waiting patiently and a heater that should be back together by now. As well as various paint and body issues.

I can't seem to get motivated. How do you guys get through these doldrums?

Nightstick

Bronco guy
Sometimes ya just have to take a break from the madness. Going to a gathering or off road trip usually gets the juices flowing! God luck and stick with it man!

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hang in there.....

Honestly for me is was looking at other guy's trucks and talking Broncos with good buddies.

When I was building my U13 my computer screen saver was all Roadsters for inspiration. I needed it because, I spent more then 2000 hr. working on it and more then 1000 hr. parts hunting. Believe me I had doldrums from time to time!

Truthfully so if if it takes you a longer to build your truck what difference does it really makes? Just as long it it gets finished and you enjoy your truck!

Building Broncos is more like a marathon then a sprit. So just remember what you have in your user info.... "slow and steady, slow and steady." :)

70_Steve

Old Guy
The last time I had a problem like that, it was because my project had become overwhelming. I'd go into the garage and just stand there... not knowing what to do. So I took the advice of a few guys on here and did a couple things.

The first was to clean the garage. I organized all my parts and pieces. I put away all my tools. I cleared out most of what did not need to be in the garage to make more room. The idea was that the garage was now an easier, more inviting place to work.

The second was to list each individual project, then only concentrate on one project at a time. When that project gets finished, it gets crossed off the list, and a new project is started. That way, I stayed focused on only one project and didn't get overwhelmed. Plus I also got a sense of accomplishment by being able to see the overall progress by looking at all the individual projects that had been completed.

I actually bought a white board and some dry erase markers to do all this with. I still have that white board screwed to the wall in my garage, and use it still today.

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
I've been in a rut as well as I need to get going on some mods...what helped was some time in the shop fabbing up some small parts, it kicked me in the pants enough to get going on it...hang in there, take one thing at a time and you'll get through it...

jperry1290

sometimes a short break is needed. i recently did a lot of body work followed by a garage paint job with some orange peel. i am so tired of sanding. just hang in there

broncosam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I know what your going through as I'm in the boat with you at this time. Hopefully we'll both come out of it and get some motivation. Many times here in the last few months I'd go into the garage with the intention of working on the Bronco, look at it for a bit , and end up changing my mind. Don't give up.

Tuck

Many times here in the last few months I'd go into the garage with the intention of working on the Bronco, look at it for a bit , and end up changing my mind. Don't give up.

I know how that is. Usually for me it's a pumped-up trip to the garage only to spend an hour or so looking for a part I know I have. Either I don't find it or by the time I do, I've lost the zeal to do anything with it. My other killer is sto tart on something & find that I don't have the right hardware or I have yet another part that has to be modified to fit. Had this when stringing lines to the rear & didn't want to drill new screw holes in the frame...had to open the holes in my clamps for larger screws...clamps won't even fit right!!! It's frustrating.

Anyway, if you don't want to wrench, make a list as stated earlier, or just go to garage & organize things. It helps keep things together, eliminates searching later, & helps you see what you're lacking. Hmmm...I should go out & do this myself %)

Sabas

I usually sit in the bronco and go "Vrroom.. Vrroom...." You know what I mean

Sabas

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I watch Stacy David for several hours and then I'm wore out.Oh well there's always next week;)Thats why you really need two or more.Joy ride ........work........repete:)

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
I usually sit in the bronco and go "Vrroom.. Vrroom...." You know what I mean

Sabas

LOL Ive done that in the past ;D Right now to motivate me, I start with the least tedious thing and just get that done. The result will always get followed by something else. Before yo know it, you will be in "while Im at it" mode and the rest just snowballs.

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
I've had my truck in the garage being restored since 1989. Motivation? You've come to the wrong place... I'm at the final stages now, slow and steady has been my motto 'cause obviously I had no other. I do like the whiteboard and marker list idea, that actually might have helped me.

Good luck.