• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lack of rear seats

bigcountry

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I got to thinking about the broncos I owned and once owned. I have/had a total of 7 and one tub.

Out of the 8 two were half cabs. Therefore, one out of the remaining 5 had holes for a rear seat. All of the rest had no mounting holes from the factory for a rear seat.

Even the tub that I am planning to use for Festus has not holes.

Do most of the broncos that you own or look at have a rear seat? i seem to be a rear seat delete magnet.

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think they do Big! I think it's just you! You shouldn't be so attracted to those 'rare' Broncos!

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I've owned 8 Broncos over the last 15 years. All were U15s, and all had holes for rear seats. Of the 8, six came with a rear seat and two didn't.

What I'd like to know is at what point does someone get rid of a jack? Of the eight broncos I've owned, only one still had the original jack. Two had lug wrenches only, and one had just the jack handle. All the others had nothing. Who just tosses that stuff?

OP
OP
bigcountry

bigcountry

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think they do Big! I think it's just you! You shouldn't be so attracted to those 'rare' Broncos!

The 67 military Bronco was the only one with rear factory holes...LOL. go figure.

i picked up a 73 about a month or so ago, and I have to get a rear seat and drill the holes for it. My kids have got to ride somewhere....LOL:D

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
5 of 7 had the holes for rear seats. As far as jacks, None had them, this current one had the rod that raises the jack only.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Four out of four of mine have had holes for rear seats. You can have my holes, I've never used my back seats. This current one is the first with a jack and handle