• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Might score a cheap 89 Bronco

jperry1290

Coworker has a 89 bronco that had the 5.0 stroked to a 347. Coworker will make me a good deal if I take the whole car. I mainly want the engine but what other goodies are there to take off? Car is rough has been sitting in a field for years, but the motor is on a engine stand in his shop

OP
OP
jperry1290

jperry1290

AOD transmission. I ve read the intake is too tall, I was thinking of throwing on an Edelbrock intake and Sniper system. Will I still need the wiring harness and CPU?

OP
OP
jperry1290

jperry1290

Honestly my plans changed. Originally I was going to build a crawler, but now it’s just a pavement queen. I have thought about throwing a AX15 in for a “sporty” drive compared to the NP435. I have no idea what my plans are, lol

mrdrnac

Contributor
I have a 435 in mine; however, if you are building a pavement queen I would go with the AX15 or similar 5 speed w/overdrive. Gives you the opportunity to gear it down axle wise for increased acceleration, but the overdrive would still give it good highway manners.