• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

James Duffy steer shock brackets

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
Well, just put on my steering shock and used Duff brackets. These are nice brackets, they have a built in angle at the steering arm, which levels the shock and gets rid of the bind and step angle. I did have to move the bracket on the crossmember towards the passenger side, so the shock would not bottom out. Instead of using the oem through bolts which I think are a 5/16 and used 1/2, I know it over kill, but I never like how small oem were.

Attachments

• DSCN2614.jpg
    DSCN2614.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCN2612.jpg
    DSCN2612.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCN2613.jpg
    DSCN2613.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCN2611.jpg
    DSCN2611.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCN2615.jpg
    DSCN2615.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCN2616.jpg
    DSCN2616.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 58

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
nice! and thanks for sharing the pics!

is your TB drop bracket welded on, or just bolted in?

OP
OP
savage

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
nice! and thanks for sharing the pics!
is your TB drop bracket welded on, or just bolted in?
I just have it bolted on, but will be getting it welded, The bronco has been sitting a lot.

McLeod

On the last stabilizer i installed, there was a note that came with it to install shock body so that the shiny piston rod was on the uphill side.
Perhaps it is to help out the seal.
Not sure if it matters in real life...

OP
OP
savage

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
On the last stabilizer i installed, there was a note that came with it to install shock body so that the shiny piston rod was on the uphill side.
Perhaps it is to help out the seal.
Not sure if it matters in real life...
That's interesting, every shock I've installed never said or had a note saying which way to install. The way its installed is the way I've always installed it and have never had a seal problem.