• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I Should have fishplated my extended arms..

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I karate chopped a rock with one of my extended radius arms yesterday and found out that you can indeed snap the weld on 1/4"-wall tubing if it is not reinforced at the miter... ;D The fix got me off the rock pile and back to the trailer..thanks goodness for a a rear winch.
DSC00864.JPG

I wanted to move the front axle forward about an inch anyways...

chris

No more Rock Crawler
But Bill, Did you have a good time?

Any more pictures from the trip?

RT

Bronco Guru
How long did the beer can bushing last ?? ;D

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
chris said:
But Bill, Did you have a good time?

Any more pictures from the trip?

Heck yeah we did. We were the first group out on any of the 'black' or 'red' trails since the snow hit the area last Wednesday/Thursday. That made it twice as interesting. Davis lost the front drive shaft on his '68 immediately AFTER he pulled out of Rock Creek....I broke that radius arm (landed so hard when I did it that one of my soft doors took a flyer, hinges and all) on the last rock obstacle of the day. It's not really broke..just a different variation on a wristed arm. ;D

Some pics over on PJB...but not many up yet.

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Mr Joe said:
Ouch....that had to hurt. Why the can??

Why the can?? You can't make a decent repair without a bee...uh..aluminum can. ;D The can is taped with duct tape to the center of a large box wrench that is now inside the tubing...to keep said wrench in place as a 'splice' when it all got pulled back together with the rear winch cable routed under the rig and connected to the front axle tube. Drives great. :cool:

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
Very cool repair ;D

That must be why they say "No bottles on the trail"

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Rednecks, hicks, country boys, cowboys...whatever they want to call us...are the most inventive people i've ever met. Not to mention that rednecks just have more fun...period.

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Mr Joe said:
Very cool repair ;D

That must be why they say "No bottles on the trail"

Absolutely correct. You cannot repair anything with a glass bottle. ;D