• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OR I am looking at buying this but need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattcarmd

Loc.
Donald Oregon
Hey fellas

I am looking for a driving project and wanted your input to see if you all think this is a decent starting point. The owner wants 4,500.00. What do you think? It is a 70 model I think it was a Sport. It seems all there. The owner said the doors need put back on because the bolts broke off. And it needs the carb rebuilt and plugs replaced. Again as per the owner. There is a bit of rust to repair. And Bondo to remove. Here is a link to my photo bucket to see the pics I have gotten from the owner. Thanks for looking and I appreciate your advice.

http://s73.photobucket.com/user/MATTCARMD/library/BRONCO

islandstyle

Loc.
Salem
It seems like a pretty good starting point. It is missing a lot of small items and those do add up pretty quickly. It looks like the front fenders where cut out, and there might be some damage to the front bumper. The bumper looks like it is rotated upward. Anyways that's my reply. ( I am not an expert ) thats my disclaimer.

OP
OP
mattcarmd

mattcarmd

Loc.
Donald Oregon
Thanks for your input. I think I am going to pass on it. It is a 6 hour drive for me to go look at it. But I think the previous repairs done on the vehicle are an indicator of the condition of the rest of the vehicle. And last time I checked bondo doesn't fix rust.

kntr

Bronco Guru
I talked with him the other day and he is stuck on $4500

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Thanks for your input. I think I am going to pass on it. It is a 6 hour drive for me to go look at it. But I think the previous repairs done on the vehicle are an indicator of the condition of the rest of the vehicle. And last time I checked bondo doesn't fix rust.

Probably a wise choice, unless your a body man by profession.

nirvana

Contributor
Loc.
PNW
the blue bronco

the story on the the blue bronco is a tale of my quest to find deep slotted mags for my beloved 74'.
I found this one listed in moses lake wa. for 4000. and called the owner to see if he would concider selling me the wheels. he told me that he had just put 800 dollars in new rubber on them, persistantly i said that i would love the bronco but couldnt justify 4000 on the wheels.
of course he says buy the wheels and sell the bronco...i told him i just could not afford it and that i thought that his asking price was more than fair.
Two months later the guy calls me back, and tells me how a bunch of a-type holes were lowballing the heck out of him, he was rather irritated about it and thought of me. said he apreciated my conversation with him and said the final straw was a guy offering him 3200 telling him that it was all it was worth..
Now i buy and sell quite a bit and can understand where he is coming from on this. he told the guy to pound sand and offered it to me for 2500.
i met him half way and when i first saw it, i was blown away.
it was in better shape than any bronco i had ever bought.
i told him i felt like a crook, and he said it didnt matter. he wanted me to have it. I never tell people that there stuff is crap in order to bargain a deal.
the wheels went on my 74' that day and the 70 went out back with the other 7 broncos that i had at the time.
'bout a year later my guard unit got orders to deploy to iraq.
not thinking straight, i sold all but my 74 and the 70 broncos.
i kept the 70 because of the condition and thought hard about keeping and restoring the little gem. and hoping that my then 14 year old son would fall in love with it.
i have been a body/painter for over 20 years. this one would be an easy start for him to learn. he is 16 now and dreams of honda civics:cry:

the front fenders were indeed cut but done tastefully well. not just diegrinded.. they were rolled.
rust wise, suprisingly little! but to the untrained eye..yeah it looks roachy.
no worries. i'm finishing up a 31' model A and just might doll this 70 up all purdy.
I am one of the rare ones out there as i do not sell snake oil. i work hard and do right by others.
i priced the bronco at 4500 because of the lack of outright rust and the body being so nice. my plans will include a basic 3 1/2 inch lift,body and paint,tub line,and throw a good running 302/351 at it. possibly some half doors and bikini top.
oh,...and get rid of the silly bumpers!!
Are there better deals out there? i have not seen any in my area in a really long time.
Matt, hopefully you find a good rig that you and your sons can enjoy together! i love my little bronco and cant wait for better weather to get the top off.
I found some polished 10" slotted mags at the portland swap this week and cant wait to try them on for size...they look amazing!

This thread may have motivated me to get this 70 together. i have had a hard time since getting home. just no motivation at all. not like me!

OP
OP
mattcarmd

mattcarmd

Loc.
Donald Oregon
Thanks Nirvana I appreciated the time you spent emailing me and sending the pics. I hope that this rig finds a great home. It's not as rough as many I have seen. And could be fixed pretty cheap and quick and I don't think it is a bad deal at all. But I am working on getting a barn find in completely stock uncut condition for about the same price at the moment. If you decide to keep it and polish it up I'd love to see the pics!! If you don't keep it then maybe a bit of exposure on this forum helps you sell it.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Thanks Nirvana I appreciated the time you spent emailing me and sending the pics. I hope that this rig finds a great home. It's not as rough as many I have seen. And could be fixed pretty cheap and quick and I don't think it is a bad deal at all. But I am working on getting a barn find in completely stock uncut condition for about the same price at the moment. If you decide to keep it and polish it up I'd love to see the pics!! If you don't keep it then maybe a bit of exposure on this forum helps you sell it.

Very well said sir...

Status
Not open for further replies.