• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking at buying my 1st Bronco 1971 1/2 cab and some questions now with pics

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
very cool that you got it. i used to have a cherry 78 just like that truck except no stripes almost same color too. welcome to the site. where in OK are you I am in Shawnee

OP
OP
N

Navy_chief

Loc.
Oklahoma
very cool that you got it. i used to have a cherry 78 just like that truck except no stripes almost same color too. welcome to the site. where in OK are you I am in Shawnee

I am down In Chickasha I just retired from the Navy at Tinker in Jan still work for the navy thou as a contractor now.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
I am down In Chickasha I just retired from the Navy at Tinker in Jan still work for the navy thou as a contractor now.

cool i get down there every once in a while for work (Chickasha mfg) i work about 5 miles from Tinker. oh yeah Navy #1;D

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That looks like a nice half cab to me and worth $3500 for sure. You wouldn't find anything even close to that shape around here for $3500.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Well atleast you can see the problems in this one, I've heard of some guys getting an EB home only to find layers of Bondo. I'm kinda torn as to the asking price. Its a 1/2 cab which is rare (worth $500 by itself), matching vin#s on frame & glovebox door w/ clean title ($250+), did not mention mileage (worth more if low miles), and worth a few $$$ if it actually runs. If I could get it around $2500-$3000 I would do it. With that said I know I would drop another $3-4K in new panels, grill, some body/ 1/2 cab work, paint, tires, interior and possible motor/ tranny work. At that point you have a super nice looking EB 1/2 cab and around $6-7K invested. This can be cheaper if you are good with trucks and have your own garage. What would be your goals with any EB? What are you willing to invest to get it to where you want it? Will it be a daily driver? Just my 0.02 Good luck Chief!

OP
OP
N

Navy_chief

Loc.
Oklahoma
Well atleast you can see the problems in this one, I've heard of some guys getting an EB home only to find layers of Bondo. I'm kinda torn as to the asking price. Its a 1/2 cab which is rare (worth $500 by itself), matching vin#s on frame & glovebox door w/ clean title ($250+), did not mention mileage (worth more if low miles), and worth a few $$$ if it actually runs. If I could get it around $2500-$3000 I would do it. With that said I know I would drop another $3-4K in new panels, grill, some body/ 1/2 cab work, paint, tires, interior and possible motor/ tranny work. At that point you have a super nice looking EB 1/2 cab and around $6-7K invested. This can be cheaper if you are good with trucks and have your own garage. What would be your goals with any EB? What are you willing to invest to get it to where you want it? Will it be a daily driver? Just my 0.02 Good luck Chief!

Well It does run and purr but has bad gas needs tank cleaned out it was leaking fuel from the fuel pump no biggy. I really have not had time to mess with it as we purchased it that day and then I had to fly out to pensacola for a week for some training. Will post more pic's and more status latter on.
Thanks