• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking into buying a bronco... HELP

wantabronco

Hello, I'm looking into buying a bronco and there are 2 that are pretty close to where I am (IDAHO)... One is a 76 but has quite a bit of rust. The rust looks like it could be a potential problem. It's bad... It looks like the rockers are completely rusted through and they got a cheap paint job OVER the rust about 5-10 years ago. He wants a little less than 5k for it. This rig has power steering, aluminum wheels, rebuilt c4 trans, 3.5 in lift, power front disc brakes, and 33in tires and aluminum wheels, roll cage.
Here is a link to some pictures:

http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh99/anotherboringstory/76 bronco/

I'm also looking at a 74 that looks pretty good - better than the 76, and Its going to be a whole lot easier to negotiate because the seller is 20 min away not 3 hours away...
He's asking 6500 and it's pretty similar besides having much less rust and a decent paint job.
It has a new bikini top, power steering, roll cage, 3 in lift & 33in tires on steel wheels and a roll cage.
Here are the only pictures I have:

http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh99/anotherboringstory/74 bronco/

Any advice when looking at these?

Is it very difficult to restore these and remove all of the rust?

Comments appreciated.

Thanks for the help,

Parker

mritchy1

When you are cutting and welding all the rust out of the 76 you're going to wish you had spent the extra 1500 on the 74. Just my opinion.

ol gray mare

$1500 won't go far on replacing the rusty panels, especially if you hire it done.

OP
OP
W

wantabronco

Thanks guys. I'm going to look at the 74 this evening, I'll post some pictures and see what you guys think.