• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I added rust TO my Bronco :P Opinions needed...

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
kerri. i would hunt around for some nice not cracked used ones with a little petina to match the door panel

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
kerri. i would hunt around for some nice not cracked used ones with a little petina to match the door panel

I also think that would look best. Maybe offer to buy & trade a new set with someone who is doing a resto.

Amazing work, btw.

73AnneBoleyn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Charlotte, NC
Well, evidently I'm in the minority here, but my vote is for shiny new parchment door cups and armrests.

The reason being, the rest of the Bronco is restored. In design, as you undoubtedly know, there's a point at which an idea is taken too far, and the overall design aesthetic is compromised. If you go into an old home that has been gutted and remodeled, but they salvaged the nice old wood kitchen windows and shutters, then people say, "Oh, what a wonderful home, and look! They kept these beautiful old windows and shutters with the nice patina!" But if the windows and shutters remain original, and so does the old stove and cabinets and floor, then people say, "Huh. They didn't finish this room. It looks a little tired and worn." So, for your Bronco, I vote new parchment door cups and arm rests, because I think they'll go better with the rest of your restored Bronco, and then this wonderful artwork will really pop! The art will be more of a focal piece and design element.

TL; DR: New white parchment will make the art pop more.

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
Well, evidently I'm in the minority here, but my vote is for shiny new parchment door cups and armrests.

The reason being, the rest of the Bronco is restored. In design, as you undoubtedly know, there's a point at which an idea is taken too far, and the overall design aesthetic is compromised. If you go into an old home that has been gutted and remodeled, but they salvaged the nice old wood kitchen windows and shutters, then people say, "Oh, what a wonderful home, and look! They kept these beautiful old windows and shutters with the nice patina!" But if the windows and shutters remain original, and so does the old stove and cabinets and floor, then people say, "Huh. They didn't finish this room. It looks a little tired and worn." So, for your Bronco, I vote new parchment door cups and arm rests, because I think they'll go better with the rest of your restored Bronco, and then this wonderful artwork will really pop! The art will be more of a focal piece and design element.

TL; DR: New white parchment will make the art pop more.

Interesting point. Of course I just placed my order at TBP so now I'm looking at another shipping charge! Oh well

I am redoing the sun visors right now and the parchment vinyl is squeaky clean. The new arm rests would match the new vinyl....

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
They're clear coated and installed! I love how these turned out.:)

And these brand new arm rests/cups are a perfect color match for the door panels. I was worried they'd be too bright but it's peeeeeeeeeerfect.

Attachments

• door panel.jpg
    door panel.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 24

76YETI

Contributor
Loc.
KC METRO
I dig them. I like nice, new and shiny, but I also like the rusted, weathered look like vegas rat rods have been doing. But those panels are very nice! Mixing old and new also looks cool depending on how it is pulled off.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
They're clear coated and installed! I love how these turned out.:)

And these brand new arm rests/cups are a perfect color match for the door panels. I was worried they'd be too bright but it's peeeeeeeeeerfect.

X10... Look great... :) Good choice