• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fun day yesterday picked up some Bronco parts ... ( Pics added )

nirvana

Contributor
Loc.
PNW
Early in the day I poked at the internet and checked the classifieds as I always do, You know back in the day this was not such a big deal, But yesterday...Boom!!!
I have had my 74 for near 20 years and in all that time have wanted to change the front fenders as the previous owner cut the front lower section off so that the tires wouldn't rub. This kept me from putting on the Warflares that I run in back.
So, I see this ad, Says " Bronco parts. Make offer. U-haul..." The first pic were these fenders with what looks like warflares and the chrome with Sport emblems...They look MINT!!! SWEEEEET!!!!! I WANT!
There were three pics total, the second pic showed an additional fender and two doors. I could see other parts in the background...dash,grill...misc.
The ad was quite fresh and I am sure that I was the first to view and contact, In an hour I was pulling in the driveway.
As we met he explained that they were cleaning out this estate, A beautiful property on 20 acres with many shops and out buildings.
He walked me into one building where a (not sure of year) I am guessing 69 Bronco sat needing love. Also where the fenders were hanging from the wall, Oh what a sight!
Then on the way to another shop we passed a dump trailer and in it was a destroyed bronco top among other parts...He told me earlier in the day he had used the tractor to crush the top..ARRRGGGGG!!!!
I was able to salvage one side glass and a few chrome pieces. I made such a fuss about it that he said he was about to crush the other one...and pointed it out to me. I asked if I could have that one. We loaded it into my truck. He told me while we wrestled the thing in that yesterday he had taken a load to the dump...all (old bronco crap) Uggghh.
Looking at the doors reveal very clean 74 doors in great shape. Unfortunately though and sadly, They have speaker holes cut into them...Damn.
Now for the hood, A very clean steel hood with a glass bubble mounted. Perfect! I am in the final stages of getting my 351w put into my 74 and I used an Edelbrock RPM manifold. Knowing that there would be clearance issues I have an older style fiberglass hood with the old school bubble.
I know that the hood would help with clearance BUT may not fully cover the added motor spectacle. I do have a few hoods but the thought of cutting one up in this day and age would be a sin!
So, Finding this steel hood pre-cut is just what I needed to find. All in all it was a fun day spent with the missus in our mini road trip adventure.
Now I don't know about you, but in my neck of the woods finding Bronco's and parts is sadly a thing of the past. When asking how much for all this stuff.. He said how about 200. I handed him 300 and thanked him. He said that he would let me know what would happen with the Bronco in the shop with the rest of the parts. Obviously and not really to his fault was the fact that he had zero interest in old car parts and even less in Bronco's

Now I had intended to share my pics with you but I cannot figure how to do it, any help appreciated. Thanks to all my Bronco bro's here for listening to my humble brag thread. It is just sad that things like this get me so excited because it used to be common. and now, not so much. Len

Added some pics for the viewing pleasure, I listed the doors and top FS locally I think that I listed the doors too cheep at 300 oh well. I just wanted the fenders!

Attachments

• DSCN4348.JPG
    DSCN4348.JPG
    172.6 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCN4354.JPG
    DSCN4354.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCN4350.JPG
    DSCN4350.JPG
    194 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCN4356.JPG
    DSCN4356.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Great story Len, thanks for sharing, I am definitely one who would be excited and would HAVE to share my great fortune with everyone who would listen. I still tell the story from a couple years ago I was at an estate sale on a Sunday afternoon, winding down of course, and they announced that anything marked $50 or less you could just take it. I couldn't load my truck fast enough with junk, some of which I still haven't used :rolleyes: but a stroke of Bronco luck like you had, that would be my excitement x100

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
The stupidity of people astounds me. Stories of people trying to clean out houses full of stuff so they can sell the property, but the stuff in the house is worth more than the property itself. A while back here on the board there was a thread about someone buying an old machine shop because they wanted the building. Their plan was to scrap all the engine blocks and parts that the shop had accumulated over the years. All those parts were likely worth more than the building but these people wanted to take them to scrap for $0.02 per pound. Damn people are dumb.

OP
OP
nirvana

nirvana

Contributor
Loc.
PNW
ok, just paid for a membership...will post up some pics when i can....do I need to log out and back in???