• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Finally Got My New Tires & Rims

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
Out with the old, in with the new. Also upgraded from 33's to 35's, now I'm going to have to get some flares on and do some hard thinking about the filler necks. How have you guys dealt with filler neck clearance?

Attachments

• IMG_3709.jpg
    IMG_3709.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_3708.jpg
    IMG_3708.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_3706.jpg
    IMG_3706.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_3702.jpg
    IMG_3702.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 282
OP
OP
Tedster100

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
Thanks guys, I'm liking them but haven't had them down the road yet. These were 75% of almost everything else out there. I really liked the General Grabbers on the road but they were so totally worthless in the mud and snow.

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
Those look great,you're flares look ok to me,do you want a different style flare?I know some of the flares have the recess built in so you don't have to cut anything.I customized my filler neck and installed it on the inside of the bed,now my quarter panel is smooth with no holes.

Attachments

• Custom Gas Filler Cap.jpg
    Custom Gas Filler Cap.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 65
  • finished paint dr side rear qrt panel 4.jpg
    finished paint dr side rear qrt panel 4.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 62
OP
OP
Tedster100

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
Those look great,you're flares look ok to me,do you want a different style flare?I know some of the flares have the recess built in so you don't have to cut anything.I customized my filler neck and installed it on the inside of the bed,now my quarter panel is smooth with no holes.

I like the look of the flares I have, the body is all glass a and they're molded in. I was running 33's and under flex the rear tires contacted the fronts of the fenders & tore them up. These 35's will be worse for clearance so the flares are just opening the wheel wells up.

I like your filler neck, may go that rout if I get into bodywork & paint again. That's a cool setup!

OP
OP
Tedster100

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
I've been running the Mastercrafts for about a year in 37's and have been very pleased.

I took them for a spin tonight, can't believe how quiet they are. They'll probably get louder with wear, what's your experience with the tire noise? How are they wearing?

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
They are wearing well I think I've only got 5-6K road miles on them, and untold trail miles. they have gotten louder with wear but I've feathered all the leading edges wheeling them out west. They are not chunking out and have proven to be be nice and sticky in the dirt. over all I've been very happy, especially for the price.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
looks great Ted!! couldn't afford slots huh? ;)

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Looking good! Nice update - those old rims just screamed "1990's"! ;D