• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fabricators & Welders Weekly Special....9/30 thru 10/6

Roark Supply

Sponsor/Vendor
We are promoting our Weiler Flap Discs this week. They are American Made.

This one is simple...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Roark Supply

Roark Supply

Sponsor/Vendor
Your right pokey71, they are full rounds. Bits generally come in a few different shank types, but most drills have adjusting chucks either 1/2" or 3/8" dia, with keyless (like a dewalt cordless) or keyed chucks(on corded drills or presses)

First is round.

Second is "tri-flat" where they machine 3 flat edges on the bit shank so it doesn't spin in the chuck. I have to check but on the 3 flats I think they start that process at 3/16" dia and above...

Third is cut down, where all the bits above 3/8" dia have the shanks cut down to 3/8" dia to fit the smaller drills w/3/8" chucks. Some "cut downs" are round and some are "tri-flat". So technically there are 4 types.

The full round's are the least expensive to manufacture and the 1/8" are the most commonly used & abused. They are also the most commonly broken and burnt up.

These things get used in all types of service & fab applications. So the thinking is to make a good cobalt bit at the lowest cost possible. What this pack offers is 10 bits of the same size so you don't have to burn up all your small sizes in your index. Thats why you see the round, double ended to get the maximum use per dollar spent. I haven't found ANY bits of this quality, that have double ends and at a price everyone can live with...

Now lets talk dollars spent cause these are free on any size order!!

Last edited: