• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Great fabricators in LA?

Buck.n.Bronco

I'm interested in designing and fabricating a custom front grille for my 1973 Bronx.

I realize the process for this can take a fairly long time from sourcing, to settling in the right fit, to production, to final installation, so I wanted to try to see if anybody knew of good fabricators who are reliable and reasonably priced in the Los Angeles area.

I'd love to further discuss this project and I'm open to all ideas / advisement on the matter.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
What are you looking to have made? A body panel like a unique grill or something out of tubing like a cage?

BrownDog

I don’t know if he is still there but in the early 90’s I spent some time in LA with Scott Knight at Scott’s hammer works. He was amazing but I have not keep up with him.

OP
OP
B

Buck.n.Bronco

What are you looking to have made? A body panel like a unique grill or something out of tubing like a cage?
I want to create a unique body grill with same exact fitment and headlight structure only the grill part is different

OP
OP
B

Buck.n.Bronco

I don’t know if he is still there but in the early 90’s I spent some time in LA with Scott Knight at Scott’s hammer works. He was amazing but I have not keep up with him.
I see his place as a Yelp record (City of Industry, CA)... I'll give him a call on the listen number to find out!

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I want to create a unique body grill with same exact fitment and headlight structure only the grill part is different

Be prepared to get flamed. It usually doesnt go over well when guys start changing the stock grill around except for narrowing or bobbing lower corners.

hummerdan

Are you trying to modify the center section only or create an entirely new front grill?

OP
OP
B

Buck.n.Bronco

Be prepared to get flamed. It usually doesnt go over well when guys start changing the stock grill around except for narrowing or bobbing lower corners.
I'm not building it for someone else.
babfdb6de3a051cf54f193b2064ac51d.jpg

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
I was going to post a link to another grille fab project, then saw your user name & was cornfused.

Looks like your user name is similar to the title of that custom build thread that I was thinking of: Buck 'n' a Bronco

OP
OP
B

Buck.n.Bronco

I was going to post a link to another grille fab project, then saw your user name & was cornfused.

Looks like your user name is similar to the title of that custom build thread that I was thinking of: Buck 'n' a Bronco
No. Way! Must be meant to beeee! I'll check this out too! Thank you!

OP
OP
B

Buck.n.Bronco

Thanks as always for all the great resources and tips everyone! Love this community!!