• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Did someone on this board put this on ebay?

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Maybe I could arrange a visit.

Not to look in the box, but to feel it and shake it a little.
%) %)

How dorky is that!

smoked77

Loc.
Columbus, IN
Alright.......It was me AND I'm getting ready to list another....anybody gonna bid? Or just ask questions?

Embarrassed to be a Hoosier? I would too since I'm a Boilermaker! What's wrong with having a bit of fun on Ebay? Seems like a pretty good way to clean my garage out for the 5.0 I'm getting ready to build.

Later -

77Bronco636

mtaylo21 said:
Alright.......It was me AND I'm getting ready to list another....anybody gonna bid? Or just ask questions?

Embarrassed to be a Hoosier? I would too since I'm a Boilermaker! What's wrong with having a bit of fun on Ebay? Seems like a pretty good way to clean my garage out for the 5.0 I'm getting ready to build.

Later -

Well, what was in it?

smoked77

Loc.
Columbus, IN
It will only be known to the top bidder......BUT, bid on the next box and you'll find out what's the second box.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
mtaylo21 said:
It will only be known to the top bidder......BUT, bid on the next box and you'll find out what's the second box.

You, are a keeper. I'm LMAO here. That's classic stuff!!!

I got rid of half my old VW that way, parts I blew up/upgraded drag racing. Mystery boxes at garage sales.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
mtaylo21 said:
Embarrassed to be a Hoosier? I would too since I'm a Boilermaker! What's wrong with having a bit of fun on Ebay?
I see that Purdue education has done well for you. Evidently, you didn't know that people from Indiana in general are known as "Hoosiers" not just people that went to Indiana University. %)
Nothing wrong with having fun on ebay of course. I do think that you might have more bids if you actually told people what you were selling. Just my humble opinion. Have fun with your mystery auctions, Hoosier. ;)

smoked77

Loc.
Columbus, IN
Doesn't matter.....still not claiming to be a Hoosier :D So, don't worry about being embarrassed for me since I'm won't be tagged as a Hoosier!

If it were a box of junk, it would be a ton easier for me to throw it away. Heck, I'd probably make more on it at the recycling center given the price of scrap steel right now. I'd rather sell Bronco stuff cheap than see it be thrown away.....Maybe next time I will let people know what is in it....that does take some of the fun out of it, though.

Supermottl - ought to check the EBAY rules before you threaten to report someone next time............

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
mtaylo21 said:

C'mon..let a fellow Boilermaker in on the secret..wink.wink..nod.nod <secret handshake>
.:p

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
oh man Boilermaker (ASME):cry: I understand you now j/k. Your add is priceless never even thought of something like that, well except garage sales. Good luck to the winning bidder.
btw I know the secrete handshake also:p ;D

smoked77

Loc.
Columbus, IN
I think I'm gonna play 20 questions with the next auction. SO, get your questions ready. I assume you guys are super curious, so make your questions count. Once's it's to 20 questions (which I'll post the answers to on EBAY), no more questions will be answered.......

supermottl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indian Harbour Bch,
Well, i guess I should check the rules more closely. I just think it's kinda weird to sell stuff that way. Maybe it's just my fear being ripped off (again) that got my spidey-scenses going. I dunno... I still think it's weird, but to each they own....

OP
OP
mike.l

mike.l

Loc.
Milwaukee,WI
mtaylo21 said:

Later -

I agree with you about giving away useful parts rather then throwing them away.

I don't think anything is wrong with having a little fun on ebay. Someone should only bid if they want to take a risk on the mystery box. Just remember that when you list something like that on ebay, we should be able to have a little fun with our questions.

77Bronco636

mtaylo21 said:
I think I'm gonna play 20 questions with the next auction. SO, get your questions ready. I assume you guys are super curious, so make your questions count. Once's it's to 20 questions (which I'll post the answers to on EBAY), no more questions will be answered.......

Now you are making it fun;D

JeepGuy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sounds good, but to make it fair, if 2 different people ask the same closely related question, you shouldn't count each time as one of the 20 questions. How about that?

So did your first box sell? And of course, what was in it?

Last edited: