• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco work weekend, Mississippi April 7th & 8th

NYLES

Bronco Guru
got rocks?

Attachments

• IMG_1935.jpg
    IMG_1935.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1936.jpg
    IMG_1936.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 19

NYLES

Bronco Guru
oh man someone let Nyles use the welder:-X

Yea you can eyeball most of em in wish you could lay a bead like that!

suggestion to all doing rock skis cut back to the double seam in the door will give you 2x the metal to weld to.

Bronco717274

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tremont, Ms.
Nyles them look sweet, didn't take you long to get them on there. Looks like they fit pretty good, truck looks better everytime I see it.

OP
OP
JWMcCrary

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Many many thanks guys. I just got back to Pittsburgh a little bit ago, been without Internet all weekend, some good pics. We sure got a lot done, almost hard to believe when you go back over it all. Barry & Nyles are some hard working dudes, and I can't forget Jason, he came back out yesterday and helped me clean up. Bradlee missed part of Saturday but hung in there the rest of the weekend. I have a few pics to add when i get them downloaded, probably tomorrow. I'm so sore I still can't hardly move.

Barry i sent you a PM, found a couple things of yours when cleaning up I need to send to you. I must have entered your number in my phone wrong, tried to call you but got somebody else. Thanks again for your help, wouldn't be near where we are without you.

Nyles, rock ski looks good and will be glass saver.

Skiddy - we had 2 different grades of welds, skiddy welds and non-skiddy welds.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
LOL. You find them Stauns while you was back in th Missip?

Guess you gonna need a long trailer to haul both broncos to OCBR huh. ;)

Glad y'all got a lot of work done.

Bronco717274

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tremont, Ms.
Hope my welds were good welds. Ever need my help again I'd be glad to do it just ask and I'll be there. If I ever get mine going and brake down on the trail I hope you and Nyles are around to help me out. I'd let either one of you guys work on my truck. Again it was a pleasure to meet and work with both of you guys.

OP
OP
JWMcCrary

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here are a few of my pics, a lot of mine are very close to what has been posted already, these were all taken when we called ourselves done for the weekend. First pic is how it sat when we started Saturday morning. All of the suspension that we installed had to be removed from the rolling chassis that Bradlee and I started with a few years ago which added to the work. We decided the smart thing to do was install the locker in the front axle and add the riser before it went under. The PO of this bronco loved to weld, bumpers were welded on solid, you can reach places with a welding rod that are tough to get to with a torch but we managed. Even the seats were welded to the floor pans, geez. Need a few more weekends but we will get there.

Barry had started his long trip home before that group photo, certainly deserved to be in it.

Attachments

• DSC01151.jpg
    DSC01151.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC01871.jpg
    DSC01871.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 18
OP
OP
JWMcCrary

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Pics............will put the other gazillion flare screws in after it gets some paint.

Attachments

• DSC01887.jpg
    DSC01887.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC01876.jpg
    DSC01876.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC01875.jpg
    DSC01875.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC01874.jpg
    DSC01874.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 13
OP
OP
JWMcCrary

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
couple more............

Attachments

• DSC01888.jpg
    DSC01888.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC01890.jpg
    DSC01890.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC01891.jpg
    DSC01891.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC01892.jpg
    DSC01892.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 30

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
The PO of this bronco loved to weld, bumpers were welded on solid, you can reach places with a welding rod that are tough to get to with a torch but we managed. Even the seats were welded to the floor pans, geez.

man that's crazy, my po welded my bumpers on too?:? you guys got a lot done good job