• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco work weekend, Mississippi April 7th & 8th

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
For 3 years we have been working towards having the 2nd bronco at OCBR, for the last 2 years I have had more family attending and now they are hooked on going, need this thing trail ready for OCBR 2012 and the plan is to make it happen. No way it can all get done in a weekend but hope to get the big stuff knocked out to where a few days here and there over the summer will have it ready. I would like to welcome anybody that wants to help, could be a good learning experience for some that are planning work on their rigs. The one thing I ask is please no drinking while working. I have always had a hard rule with my kids that alcohol doesn't mix with welding, power tools, and proper safety. I will gladly buy beverages for after work and some grub if anybody wishes. Obviously I will provide water, soft drinks, etc while we work.

Here is a list of things to be done, the 75 with new fenders is the bronco being worked on:

Need to put hardtop from 75 on 72 that is in the shop in the way, put doors back on 72 and move outside.

Install 2" body lift on 75.

Remove bumpers that are currently welded on, this is going to be a PITA.
Install "Robert built bumpers", thanks again Robert (rmfreeze).

Remove axles and suspension from 75

Remove axles and suspension from 76 rolling chassis, all new WH 3.5 inch

Install Grizzley Locker and RCV axles in D44, it is clean, no gear oil has been in it, was rebuilt with 4.11 open carrier and stock axles, just upgrade before putting under 75. Weld on WH track bar riser.

Install 35 spline spool and axles in 9 inch. was rebuilt with 4.11 and 28 spline mini spool, no gear oil has been in it, just upgrade before putting under 75.

Remove shock towers and weld on F250 mounts
Remove rear shock mounts and weld on inboard shock mount.
(I bought another set of F250 mounts and got another inboard mount from a member here (bowhunter) so the ones on the 76 chassis do not have to be cutoff to go on the 75)

Install Duff Extended radius arms.

Remove steering box, replace with rebuilt tapped box.

Remove 3 speed and D20, install C4, Cold Duck/D20 combo, will need minor cross member work, will need to use new cross member mounts from 76 chassis. C4 has to be separated from another 302 that is on the floor and the D20 removed from it. Fingers crossed C4 will work without having to be rebuilt, will address later if it does. Planning to use floor shifter so we don't have to mess with steering column other than to remove 3 speed shift lever.

Engine currently has 4 barrel edelbrock with adapter on on 2 barrel intake, have rebuilt 2 barrel motorcraft to swap.

Need to fix battery box.

Cut rockers off and cut fenders for flares up to the fender line, weld up and install 2x6 rock sliders. Swap tailgate with 72, swap hood and install hood pins

Spray bedliner on the inside in preparation for the cage, don't have any spray on bedliner or cage yet, will be getting a cage from Gordon but don't really need it in the way until we are ready to put it in.

There is no way possible to do all this in a weekend but getting a strong start will certainly help. Bradlee has to work on Saturday and Sundays so he can't be there all day, my son-in-law is planning to be there both days, as you can see from the list some of this can be made easier with help just moving things around.

I'm looking forward to it, anybody willing to help please come on.

OP
OP
JWMcCrary

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
couple of pics of the 75 and the 76 chassis.

Attachments

• DSC01150.jpg
    DSC01150.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC01152.jpg
    DSC01152.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 82
  • Oct08-16.jpg
    Oct08-16.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC00877.jpg
    DSC00877.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 90

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
JW wish you were closer, i know what you mean about the welded on bumpers i haven't tackled that yet

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
No drinking while working, You no fun, LOL.... ;D

Bronco717274

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tremont, Ms.
Where are you located at in Ms. I'm in Tremont, Ms. 38876 my brother and I might be able to come help. We don't drink but love to eat,;D Hotdogs and chips fine with us.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Where are you located at in Ms. I'm in Tremont, Ms. 38876 my brother and I might be able to come help. We don't drink but love to eat,;D Hotdogs and chips fine with us.

well to me it looks like he is in Brandon MS;D

OP
OP
JWMcCrary

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Old hwy 471, about 3 miles from the Barnett reservoir in rankin county. My shop is right at the goshen springs exit off hwy 25. This would be on the NE side of Jackson, northern part of rankin county.

OP
OP
JWMcCrary

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks like you are east of tupelo, from where I am to Starkville is about 2 hours, used to drive that all the time if that helps you estimate.

Bronco717274

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tremont, Ms.
Ok, that will work out well for me as I am meeting another member around madison just north of Jackson to deliver some parts. If I'm lucky will try and talk him into meeting me at your place instead, will be another set of hands for you. I will check with him and let you know.

OP
OP
JWMcCrary

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ok, that will work out well for me as I am meeting another member around madison just north of Jackson to deliver some parts. If I'm lucky will try and talk him into meeting me at your place instead, will be another set of hands for you. I will check with him and let you know.

Sounds great.

Bronco717274

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tremont, Ms.
Nephew said he'd like to come to if it's ok, cell just went off might be him. He said that will work for him, will meet me at your place to pick up parts he's going to check out your post when he get's home. Is there anything tool wise that will help, have torch welder and plenty of tools let me know. Hope it dosen't rain that weekend.

OP
OP
JWMcCrary

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nephew said he'd like to come to if it's ok, cell just went off might be him. He said that will work for him, will meet me at your place to pick up parts he's going to check out your post when he get's home. Is there anything tool wise that will help, have torch welder and plenty of tools let me know. Hope it dosen't rain that weekend.

Tell nephew he's more than welcome.
Should be good on tools.

Don't even mention rain, that would suck

I'm also providing entertainment, Nyles will be there, ;D. I've seen what he can do in a parking lot, he should be like a NASCAR pit crew with power tools, jacks, etc.

Bronco717274

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tremont, Ms.
Looking forward to meeting you all and seeing what we can get done for you. Should be a fun weekend. Nephew is 27 years old a nice young man and he works real hard.

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Wait. Nyles is going to be there? You sure he knows theres no drinking?