• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best PLace(s) to Put An Amp?

joshnjulie1

Loc.
Moreno Valley, Ca
Ok, got my speakers for the door panels ready.
Made a box with a downfacing subwoffer and 2 6.5's on top that will go behind the rear seat.
I am getting a 5-channel amp, and am stumped at the best place to put it.
I don't want to connect it to the box as I would like to remove the box when 4-wheeling and be left with just the front speakers.

Can't put it in the center console as I don't think they make them small enough plus it won't breathe.

Where in the heck can I put this amp that would let it breathe plus be out of the way as I love to take the hose inside after 4-wheeling to clean her out?

Any suggestions?

BIGED

Guru ????
Mine is a marine amp it has been under water it still works
aju4usam.jpg

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
Passenger seat for me to. But i did install mine on some 3/4" standoffs to allow some water to get under there and air to allow it to dry out if needed. I would not recommend fastening directly to the floor. Moisture will get trapped under there.

I also have one of those 2"x6" mini amps in my orange rig in the center Toms console. Works great for powering hi powered 6x9's and such. Not for a woofer but great for hi end speakers. Picture of the install below. Amp is small but powerful enough.

Rich

Attachments

• IMG_00999-001.jpg
    IMG_00999-001.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
I was thinking, underneath the rear passenger seat, mount it to the wood of the seat bottom. Then I was thinking that area would make a nice woofer location, so now I'm not sure.

OP
OP
joshnjulie1

joshnjulie1

Loc.
Moreno Valley, Ca
I think I am going to have to see how much space I have under my aftermarkeet rear seat. Seems to be the best option being close to the box and all.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
There are very small but powerful amps from companies like JL and MMATTS.
I once mounted a small Alpine amp under the dash right below the stereo. Screwed it right to the flat area under the dash. It looked pretty cool right there. Had the side of the amp with no wires facing the passenger compartment. Other than the word Alpine being upside down it looked perfect.

RT

Bronco Guru
Mines under the console between the seats. So far so good

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
My five channel is under my rear seat and I have a smaller amp in my console I do have a small computer style fan mounted on both just to make sure they stay happy.

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Here's mine....I did push my wheel wells back about 4", so a smaller amp will work here. It stays pretty dry, but its marine rated. It also shows my fiberglass kick panels too.

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 121
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 102

mudstud

Contributor
Bronco Bonehead
Loc.
Excel
Any other ideas? I am looking at mounting an amp for my tunes and the two best places for me currently are under the front seat or under the rear seat.

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
Any other ideas? I am looking at mounting an amp for my tunes and the two best places for me currently are under the front seat or under the rear seat.

What size amp both dimensions and amps larger amps need sufficient airflow to stay happy and not overheat small amps that claim high output numbers get hot real quick so whenever you put it make sure it had airflow to many people mount them out of sight where there is no airflow and fry them quick

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
Never had any personal experiences with that amp and don't want to say anything to make it seen like I'm saying its a bad amp but that's a small amp atleast from the picture in dimensions for the output so just make sure it has sufficient air circulating around it. I'd think under the front passenger seat would be the best spot. Maybe someone else has had personal experience with mounting that amp or just running it I know they are one of are vendors and are on here. Have you asked them for suggestions on where to mount it?

Ol'Blue

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I installed a 5 channel Alpine amp under the center console. I was worried about heat being on the floor and confined, but was told by the shop that it runs pretty cool. The amp is about 2" thick so I installed 2.5" block under the console for 1/2" clearance.

So far so good. Have run the amp pretty hard in the summer heat and no issues yet.

Putting the amp under the center console concealed it and gave me room to build the sub under the rear seat.

The amp was about $400 but runs everything very well even with the top off.

Post up pics when you are done and good luck!

Attachments

• IMG_0364.JPG
    IMG_0364.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0365.JPG
    IMG_0365.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0385.JPG
    IMG_0385.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0382.JPG
    IMG_0382.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0375.JPG
    IMG_0375.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0373.JPG
    IMG_0373.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0366.JPG
    IMG_0366.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 77

CobraJetKid

Loc.
Saratoga Springs
I'm currently running three amps on my red bronco. The two component amps are mounted to the tub hidden behind the rear interior quarter panel. The amp for the subs is on the outside of the panel.

mini73

I'm running a 4 channel amp, wake tower speakers and a 10' sub. I built a sub enclosure behind the rear seat. The sub fires down and I built the rest of the box so I can put stuff in it and use it as a storage box. I mounted the amp under the rear seat frame. Just got some square tubing, tacked it to the bottom of the seat frame and then screwed the amp to it.