• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Archoil friction modifier

John Marinan

Contributor
Loc.
Durango CO.
Myself and two friends have had outstanding results using this friction modifier in our powerstroke diesels.
There are quite a few products, and applications for their products. The results in our powerstrokes are so good that we are all planning to use their products in our other vehicles fluid systems.
Do any of you have experience with Archoil products, good or bad?
Thanks

OP
OP
J

John Marinan

Contributor
Loc.
Durango CO.
One is a 2002 7.3 with 265,000 mi.
One is a 2004 6.0 with an EGR delete that was probably not needed, as the 04s had functional oil and EGR coolers.
One is an 05 6.0 with 150,000 mi. and a complete Bulletproof Diesel remote oil cooler, and heavy duty EGR cooler.
The 7.3 has all original injectors, both 6.0 have had some replacement injectors.
All three had rough start up. After 1 quart of Archoil we all had much smoother start up, and very noticeable smoother, quieter, and more powerfull running engines.
My 6.0 6 speed, with the Bulletproof, had a turbo lag between shifts and would not run well after 3,000 rpm. The turbo lag is gone, and it has great power all the way to 3500 rpm. Needles to say we were all surprised. I have 1,500 miles on mine since the all was installed and it runs perfectly. Check out the website, they have quite a few interesting products, and explanations of how they work.
None of the 3 of us sell, or know anyone who does sell Archoil, we read about the product and bought some online.